FOUR

___________________________________________

"I'M AFRAID. TOMORROW IS TOO FAR AWAY."
-LANA AVENTIUS

SONG: OF MICE & MEN - FEELS LIKE FOREVER
_______
____________________________________

WARNING: SCREAMING ROCK.

LANA 🌻 AVENTIUS

"Say, you're okay." I sang as I rocked my head to the music.

"I'm afraid that tomorrow is just too far away." I sang as I pretended to play a guitar.

I dabbled in a little bit of everything. I listen to indie, metal, rock, hip-hop, EDM, K-pop, j-pop, pop, reggae. You name it, and I bet that I've listened to that genre of music before. I'm opened to listening to any type of music but today I just feel like rocking out.

Aunt Nicole, aunt Jane, and uncle Juny, were leaving to California today and I needed something to get my mind off it. Aunt Jane made the decision that Lucas and Lily would stay here as well until it's time to leave.

Lucas is my anchor, the person to calm me down when I start to go ballistic. He's the only one that could do so. So, it just made sense for him to stay.

Lily was my younger cousin. Standing at 5ft 4, Lily was as bright as a light, and quiet as a mouse. She doesn't really talk that much unless I was around, and aunt Jane felt bad that she was going to be around all those grown folks by herself, so she made her stay.

Aunt Jane said we had two weeks before we had to go to California. She thought two weeks was an 'appropriate' amount of time to get ourselves together. She said if we picked then we would never show up, which I agree with.

I'm still ain't too fond about going but like what grandma said, theirs something out in California, something out there for me.
_______

I was still jamming to my music when I felt someone coming.

Ah, shit.

Jumping on the bed, I pulled out a book and tried to steady my breathing. I didn't need to be caught playing an imaginary guitar. My family wouldn't let me live that down.

Knock knock.

"Come in!" I yelled, trying to act like I was deeply submerged in the book.

"Hey, they're leaving so come say bye." Lucas said poking his head inside.

"Okay." I said putting the book down and pulling out the headphones.