0.8

"Alright guys, this is your last week before the dance to purchase your tickets." I have heard this message on the intercom a valid 17 times in the past week. It was finally October and time for one of those feeble school dances. It was pretty foolish because they just said it was a casual dance but it was actually a cover up. It was some stupid tradition they had annually: the first Friday of October we all attended a dance that instead of guys asking girls to a date, they chose. So like a 'Girl's Choice' thing, I thought it was sexist. In my opinion, it was a stupid idea but an excuse for an activity, a chance to raise money for the local animal center. But I didn't mind. No matter how many times I tried to convince Harry that it was not logical, school activities intrigued me. He knew that.

It's been a few weeks since I last had a real conversation with Niall. I remember the night Harry had stayed at my house he promised not to lay a finger on Niall after he'd threaten to. However, the next day his alluring appearance was shielded by a layer of nude bronze, clearly attempting to hide the indigo colored marks on his jaw. Later on, Niall had found a new girlfriend and I could tell he was completely smitten by her. I got over him quickly because our encounter was nothing serious. It was only one date. I was happy for him, I really was. I was glad he had found someone who was right for him, someone who fit his personality and shared the same interests as him; soccer, food, music. I had the last trait, but my passion was not strong enough to bring us into a strong, healthy relationship. He has apologized to me and I did the same for giving him the wrong impression. I guess you could say that we became friends, only exchanging quick hello's in the hall and short chats in our class together. But since Niall had a date already, I needed my own. I had been working up the courage to ask Brooklyn Beckham but I was nervous. That was a no-brainer. However, the dance was only a week away and I couldn't go by myself so I decided to ask him after school. That was when the nerves came back. I saw his hair sticking above his head as I turned the corner, his exquisite height, his marvelous eyes. I spotted him by the vending machine outside the school after the last bell rang for the day.

"Hey, Brooklyn?" I approached him, tapping on his shoulder.

"Oh hey, Paris," he turned around, "what's up?"

Okay this was it. "Um, well I was wondering, if nobody's asked you to the dance, would you like to go with me?"

"Sure," he stated smiling.

"What?" I thought out loud.

"What?" he repeated, "I said yes."

He laughed softly and his sounds filled my ears and turned the sides of my mouth in even curves.

"Really?"

He nodded. "I'll pick you up at 7:30, Friday night."

I smiled and he smiled back before asking me if I wanted a ride home. I told him it wasn't that far but he still insisted.

I hopped out of his black car and scurried up the steps leading into my house. I waved behind me and finally stepped in, taking in the scent that relieved every single thought clouding over my head. I was grateful for today, it was Friday meaning mom was cooking up some stir-fry. I stepped into the kitchen to find my mom standing in front of the stove with an apron tucked behind her waist, wrapped in the back, and a smiling Sam stationed on one of our brown dining room chairs.

"Hey, mom. Hey Sam."

He stood up and took me into an embrace. "Hey, Paris. I haven't seen you in a while. Up to anything new?"

"Nope, not really. I'm just gonna go out to the mall later with my friend. We have this stupid school dance and I need to find something to wear," I spoke quickly.