Chapter 3

A/N :Sorry for the late update, but here it is! Not as long as the last one, though, so sorry :/ If you're still reading this story, thank you! I really appreciate it. <3

It had been 18 hours since he had gotten home from the sleepover and Kyle was bored as hell. Mr.Garrison was going on about some celebrity when he suddenly changed subjects.

"Alright kids, we're going to be doing a group project,". They class collectively groaned. "And I'll be assigning the groups," the class groaned louder this time. He went on to explain the project and called out the groups. The class was in two groups. "Okay, Cartman, Kyle, Stan, Tweek, Token, Craig, Kenny, and Clyde. You eight will be group number one. Wendy, Pip, Christopher, Damien, Red, and Bebe. You six will be group number two," The class looked bored, barely listening. That is, until Mr.Garrison explained what the groups would be doing.
"Group one, you guys will be doing a play. Group two, your project won't be as gay, you guys have to do a science experiment. I don't care what it's about.
Everyone meet up with your groups and figure out the topic," Mr. Garrison day down and started scrolling through his phone. Minor chaos erupted as desks were moved into two groups. The desks were arranged into two circles and began talking about their assignment.
"So, what play are we gonna do?" Stan asked the group. All eight boys looked at each other, no one having any clues about their options.

"What about 'Romeo and Juliet'?" Kyle spoke up. He went on to explain his choice. "Well, it's not like we know many plays, but we read Romeo and Juliet last year in 10th grade, so it can't be that hard, right?" A few of them nodded.

"I guess we're doing 'Romeo and Juliet', but we still have to figure out who's going to do what, we need props, costumes, and everyone needs to learn their lines. What's today?" Stan explained and asked his question primarily directed at Kyle.

"September 10th, I think."

"That means we have 18 days. " A silence fell over the group- Except for the shrill "Ack!" that came from Tweek.

"That's too much pressure!" Tweek screamed, getting the attention from the other group, who immediately ignored it, used to Tweek's outbursts.

"For once, I agree with Tweek. We need to get started." Kenny said, although muffled from his parka. Everyone looked apprehensive at each other, a quiet "shit" coming from Craig.

"Okay, we need to organize this," Kyle said, taking control. "We need a few actors and people to do the scenery." Kenny was the first person to volunteer.

"I wanna be an actor."

"Well I do too!" This came from Clyde.

"It's fine, you both can, we need four." Kyle quickly declared, not wanting any type of conflict to occur. They both nodded. "Okay, who else? I need two more people."

"Hey, Kyle, why don't you be an actor?" Stan questioned. Kyle looked nervously between everyone.

"I, uh, I-I don't act," Kyle looked terrified. Kenny smiled at Kyle, making Kyle smile back at the silent comfort.

"Then I'll do it, I guess," Stan replied to him, Not noticing the exchange between the boys.

"Great, then we have three- I need one more actor," No one said a word for several heavy moments. Finally Kenny spoke up again, surprisingly.

"Cartman, why don't you do it?" He looked at Kenny annoyed that he would volunteer him.

"What? Why not Twitchy or Craig?!"

"Shut up, Fatass, and be an actor." Kenny shot back. Cartman slumped into his seat, knowing full well he lost this battle.

"Okay, we've split the group into actors and crew. Clyde, Kenny, Stan, and Cartman- You guys are doing all the acting. Your parts need to be learned as quickly as possible so be can work on the stage stuff like showing emotions. Got it?" They quickly nodded in determination, pumped from Kyle's enthusiasm. "Craig, Tweek, and Token- You guys along with me will be doing the scenery and making sure the others are doing the parts right. We need to make props and costumes as well. We good?" They nodded. "Good, everyone get a copy of the play tonight and you actors figure out who's playing who."

Everyone quietly talked a bit about getting the supplies and where to get a copy before the bell rang. Kenny caught up to Kyle before he left.

"Kyle, wait!" Kyle turned around, mildly confused. Kenny pulled down his hood to talk normally and lightly put his hand on Kyle's shoulder in a friendly gesture. "I was going to say you did really great back there, taking control and all," Kyle nodded, trying to ignore the light blush dusting his cheeks.

'What is wrong with me today?' Kyle thought. "Okay, well I better get going to class before we're late," Kenny nodded in agreement, walking with his to his next class making a joke about Cartman on the way there to attempt to cut through the light tension in the air.

The rest of the day went by back to normal, everyone buzzing about the projects. Kyle and Kenny walked home together, a light air about them. Everything almost back to normal, everything except the butterflies in Kyle's stomach of which he doesn't understand.

Kyle walked upstairs once he got home, returning a quick "Hello" to his mother, he walked into his room with one thought. 

'Now, where did I put 'Romeo and Juliet'?'