Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The night passed quickly, and Elias woke to the sounds of someone pounding on the door. Turning to see Actaeron, the boy blushed, but at the same time he tensed, feeling as if the man would be angry with him sleeping in his bed. He sat up slowly and quietly to not wake up the sleeping male, going to the door as the pounding continued.

Elias opened the door to see one of Excalibur's elites, who looked down at Elias. Again, the orders to the elites were simple. All of the trainees were to be treated with the same respect as they would treat Excalibur, especially Elias. All the man did was watch Elias for several seconds before he put his hand on the door above Elias' head, pushing it further open to reveal Actaeron's sleeping body. He huffed quickly and turned his attention back down onto the shorter demon.

"Excalibur wants to see him and address the situation that occurred last night in the dining hall." With that, the man walked away from the room. Elias silently shut the door and turned back towards the bed, holding his breathe. What if Actaeron got angry with him for waking him up? It was urgent after all.. Excalibur needed to see him. He took a deep breathe and approached the bed, gently placing his hand on the sleeping man's shoulder. Actaeron immediately began to wake up, shifting and brushing his hand off his shoulder.

"Elias... that's cold." He said groggily and sat up, looking at him. The covers rolled off of his chest, revealing his perfectly toned body that lie underneath. Elias blushed deeply and turned away, covering his wide eyes.

"I-I am sorry. I didn- I didn't know." He stuttered uncontrollably, trying to regain himself. "Uh... Excalibur wants to see you. He says it is.. um.. it's about last night."

Actaeron watched him closely, confused what the stuttering was about but stood up and started getting ready. Elias was frozen where he stood, his face heating up immensely. Upon passing him, Actaeron lightly touched his shoulder.

"I want you to stay here while I am gone. I don't want you getting hurt. I will return as soon as I can and we can continue your training, alright?" He asked quietly, in which Elias responded with a simply nod.

---

The demon spent hours inside of the room, watching training happen in the courtyard below the window. He had to admit, there was nothing to do in that room, but Actaeron told him to stay, and he felt safer in that room anyways.

The door swung upon and a second elite walked in, making Elias jump and turn around quickly. The elite looked up at him. "What are you looking at? Training will not get done with you standing here, will it?" Elias nodded quickly.

"Yes, sir." He said quietly and walked past him, brushing his shoulder as he did. The elite turned and walked behind him.

The walk to the training arena was quiet. Elias feared he was in trouble, but the pair had not caused any trouble. In fact, the man who had threatened Elias was released at dawn with a dishonorable discharge and sent home with no recollection of his time.

Inside of the arena, Elias was led to the center, where there was a metal fighting ring and inside of it, where two men were fighting. One of the men being Actaeron. The other was the same man he was fighting with yesterday and it was clear now that he was not only teaching Elias, but he was also teaching his other boy, only slightly older than Elias. The scene made Elias frown slightly, feeling a burning jealously inside of his heart, but at the same time, the burning was in his cheeks.

Once again Actaeron stood in the ring, his top half completely uncovered. He stood in a defensive stance, his usually slicked back hair was slightly messed up, several strands hanging in his eyes and a small stream of blood flowed from his eyebrow. He had to admit, he liked how Actaeron looked, in fact he loved it.

Before he could blink Actaeron moved forward quickly, swinging at the male. The two exchanged hits until Actaeron was pushed back against the metal cage. Elias stepped foreward to intervene, but his arm was grabbed by the elite.

"You do not know the man you train with. Watch carefully." He said sternly. Elias looked up at him and nodded.

The two stood where they were in the ring momentarily before Actaeron moved again. This time Actaeron landed a hit in the boy's chest with a roundhouse kick, knocking the boy down. The elite only chuckled.

"Learn from this experience, kid. Actaeron does not fight for blood points. He is very smart in his techniques. He lets his opponent tire, all the while he learns their tactics, and on that way, he is able to know what move they are going to make, and when." The elite explained carefully.

Elias listened carefully, watching as Actaeron stood over the boy. The boy was coughing and seemingly hurt but after a few minutes he stood up and Actaeron helped him out of the ring, telling him to go to medical to get his chest checked. Actaeron never meant to hurt the kids he trained. But it was always an important lesson to always get back on the horse if one fell off of it. Recovery wouldn't be long after all.

Elias hardly noticed Actaeron had approached until he was right in front of him.

"It is your turn to fight today, Elias. Would you like to work on hand to hand combat, or weaponry?" He asked calmly. Elias thought for a moment. The hand to hand combat seemed interesting to him, but he was never strong enough to land a hard enough hit.

"Weaponry, please." Actaeron nodded and handed him a staff, the same staff used yesterday. Elias took the staff gently and looked up at him. The elite had stepped aside and Actaeron was swinging at him, making the demon squeal and duck, holding the staff in front of him for protection. Actaeron hit the staff with his own, letting off an ear ringing sound and sparks flew between the two.

"First rule of fighting in general. There is never a resting period. Once there is a weapon in your hand, the fight has begun until one calls for mercy." He said strictly and pushed against the staff, pushing Elias to the ground. Elias looked up to his teacher with wide eyes. How the man moved so quickly and got the male off his feet before he could think about what was happening.

Actaeron held out his hand to help the male up, but stopped, seeing Excalibur come in.

"Actaeron I need to see you outside." He said sternly. Actaeron nodded and walked outside, shutting and locking the door with the elite and Elias inside. They approached a man with a small dirty boy by his side, Excalibur seemed tense and angry.

"Salazar, what do you want?" Excalibur said tensely, staring the man down.

"I want my property. I know you have Elias. I have come to gather him and return him with the rest of my slaves..." The man said in response, a forked tongue sliding across his pointed teeth. Excalibur struggled to keep his composure, a demon.. on his compound. It was unheard of.

"Come now, Excalibur. The king of angels afraid to see his brother's pets?" He teased, walking up to him and straightening his jacket. Excalibur pushed him back. Salazar only chuckled.

 "I can smell his fear, hear him shaking in his own skin." He hissed.