ONE: New Home

Chanyeol stopped in front of an old house and dropped several baggage before pressing the door bell.

The door was opened by a small gray headed grandmother and welcomed him, "Hello. Is that you Chanyeol-ssi?"

Chanyeol smiled shyly and nodded. "Yes. It's me." Then he carried all his belongings to the house.

"Your mom and I were best friends. She called me last night and told me that you're gonna transfer school in this town. She said that you'll be staying here until you finish your school. But you can always go to your original house during your vacations." she explained.

"By the way, you don't have to call me with my surname. I think calling me Halmeoni will do." she smirked and showed some wrinkles on her face.

"There are only five rooms upstairs. Three are already occupied. One is out of order so that means, you have no choice." Halmeoni chuckled.

She assisted him upstairs and pointed out his room. "There's your room. The last one fronting the storage room. I hope it's okay with you."

"It's fine. Thank you Halmeoni." Chanyeol said and went inside his room but before he could close it, she whispered something to him.
"I hope you could stay here for a long time. Please be patient with your house mates."

* * *

Chanyeol lied on his bed and closed his eyes when suddenly he smelled a smell of burnt rice coming from the room next to his.

"Yah Baekhyun! What happened to our rice?" a high-toned voice scolded. "What will we eat now?"

Chanyeol murmured while listening to their conversations, "Baekhyun is the guy you can't trust when it comes to cooking rice." he thought.

Then this guy, probably Baekhyun, started to make excuses that made Chanyeol chuckle.

"I just came out from the bathroom and now you're scolding me? What do you want me to do? Go out naked and turn the rice cooker off?" Baekhyun said.

"Fine. Fine. Go and get dressed now. I'll ask D.O to buy ramyun and dumplings for us. But who told you to use my bathroom?" Chen replied.

* * *

"Yah. Halmeoni told me that we have a new house mate. His name is Chanyeol." Chen said while his mouth is full.

"Swallow your food before speaking. It's gross to look at." D.O said coldly.
Baekhyun agreed, "Yah close your mouth! I could see the small pieces of noodles. Gross."

"Let's call for him here. He must be shy because he's new. We have to make friends with him." Baekhyun stood up and knocked on Chanyeol's door.

"Chanyeol-ssi! Chanyeol-ssi!" he called out like a land lord.

The door opened and Baekhyun looked up, "Wow, he's tall." he murmured.

"Wow, he's small." Chanyeol murmured and then covered his mouth immediately.

"I'm Baekhyun. I'm from room number one. The first room you'll see when you go up." he took Chanyeol's hand for a hand shake. "Welcome to our house and right now I'm inviting you to join us on our dinner."

That night Chanyeol met his three house mates, D.O the quiet but dangerous guy from room number two. Chen the singer and troll guy from room number three. And Baekhyun the guy who can't cook rice from room number one.

Chanyeol's room is on room number five. While the storage room is number four.

They became very close best friends and Chanyeol learned more about them.

"It's Friday. That means, sleep over to D.O's room!" Chen stood up and took his blanket and pillow and a dinosaur stuffed toy.

Baekhyun went out to get his blanket and pillows too. While D.O quietly escaped the room and fixed his own room.

Chanyeol left clueless sitting on the floor.

Chen glanced at him, "You are supposed to get your blanket and pillows and toys too. We're going to D.O's room."

Chanyeol opened his mouth, "Aahh." is all that he said.

* * *

D.O, Chen, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun were all lying on the bed looking at the ceiling filled with glow in the dark galaxy stickers.

"Friday is sleep over with horror stories at D.O's room. Thursday is movie marathon and popcorn on Chen's room, Sunday is Baekhyun's play games night. How about you Chanyeol? Pick a day and what do you want to call it?" Baekhyun asked.

"I think I'll get Saturday. I will call it Laundry and BBQ day because it's weekend and we need to clean all our clothes then we'll eat after." Chanyeol answered.

"Sounds cruel but I think we'll all enjoy it." Chen said. "Because it's hard to clean our clothes all by ourselves. We need companions."

"Shall we start the story telling?" D.O said and turned the flashlight on. Baekhyun took the blanket and covered it to the four of them.

"Before we start. I hope no one would fart." D.O laughed and everyone followed.

"So this is a story about the mysterious room number four in this house." he started.

It's always been a mystery for them why the room number four kept locked and sometimes only Halmeoni could enter in.