I. MOCHI FACE

To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind.

ACT I—THREE

THE WORLD is a mysterious place with unsolved riddles, twists and turns. The when, why and how's of this world are not our cup of tea. We, the mere humans are useless puppets and the enigmatic world is our puppeteer.  Right now, this mysterious world decided to land him in a situation that he had no time to comprehend.

"Where did you go tough girl!?"

The loud music of the bar aligned with his loud heartbeat. He was scared, very scared. He knew it wasn't his place to be scared, he didn't even know who she was. Still, he wouldn't be able to  sleep at night if he let go of a woman knowing she was in danger. He had to find her for his own peace of mind. 

"How could she just disappear—"

His frantic eyes landed on a figure, freezing him mid-speech. Like a poet's ink and quill, her deep black hair flowed down her back, contrasting her red attire. He knew he had been staring longer than it needed. Yet strangely enough, he who despised the color black, felt drawn to an unknown woman's hair.

Blinking once, twice, he breathed out in relief and approached her scrunched back at the isle.

"There you are missy. You plan on dying by drinking?" Pointing at the bottle of wine in her hand, a sweet smile playing on his lips.

"Dying? Who's dying? This isn't a bottle of wine. It's a bottle full of my sorrows and I'm drinking it all up tonight," she gulped down the wine, not bothering to look back to see who she was talking with. Her mind was too far gone to comprehend what she was doing at this point. Confused with her drunk act, he quirked one of his brows.

"But you a while ago—"

A finger flew out of nowhere and directly landed on his lips. The woman-as Aya whipped around to fully face him, "Sshh, let bygones be bygones."

But that wasn't the issue. The issue was that he finally saw her face and that oddly looked like someone whom he could never imagine to find in such a ridiculous situation. So he shrugged that thought, thinking the little alcohol in his system was playing a trick on him.

Aya removed her finger from his lips. Her droopy eyes staring at the man. "I wish I could end this life so easily," her eyes trapping sorrow, her lips in a bitter smile. "But I can't. I can't. I endured so much for this life. Can't afford to lose it in a snap," she said while snapping her fingers. Weary eyes stared at her. He sighed with a shake of his head.

Alcohol can surely make one crazy. Point proven.

Aya tried to get up from the tool but her eyes were too fuzzy and legs too wobbly to even stand. She eyed him. He narrowed his eyes.