Chapter 2

"I think you should just relax Cassie. The physics test isn't that big of a deal."
     I look at my other best friend Lizzy and groan.
"Yes it is Liz, half of our grade depends on this. If I don't get an A then my whole grade will drop down to a C."
     I can do physics, but it's probably not my best subject. Mark is a whiz at it though. Right now, I'm honestly debating about asking him to tutor me in it.
"Hey, guys! What's going on?"
     Speak of the devil, and he appears!
"Hey, Mark! Cassie here is freaking out about her physics class and says she needs help!"
     I glare at Liz. She knows I did not ask for help, and I know exactly what she's doing. She knows I like Mark, she's the only one who does. I know it's extremely cliché, but it's true.
"I can tutor you, Cass. You know that. Why didn't you ask me?"
"I didn't ask you because I don't want pity."
     I storm out of the cafeteria with kids staring at me. Yeah, that was kind of extreme, but that's the exact reason why I haven't asked Mark. I honestly don't want his pity, and I don't want him to look at me as if I'm a dumb, helpless person.
•*•*•*•*•
Slam!
     I jump about a foot in the air and scream.
"Merda! Christ Mark, you scared the hell out of me!"
     I turn around to have a pair of arms trapping me into the locker.
"Why didn't you tell me, Cassie, that you needed help in physics? I can help you. Let me tutor you, for free."
"No! If I let you, you'll pity me and think I'm dumb and stupid. I don't want pity help. Now let me go!"
"No! I won't!", Mark then takes his hand off the locker and puts them on my shoulders.
"Listen to me, Cassie. Look me in the eyes, and tell me you don't want pity."
     I look up into his eyes and say, "I don't want your pity."
"Why can't you understand Cass? I truly want to help. I'm not giving you pity!"
     I start to turn away from him and put my head down in shame. All of a sudden his hand grasps the bottom of my chin and jerks it up.
"Look at me, Cassandra. I genuinely want to help you, not pity you. Please let me help you pass this class."
"Okay."
"Great," he says as he grins.
"Promise me one thing, Cass."
"What?"
"You don't for one second think I'm doing this out of pity. Ever. Promise?"
"Okay."
•*•*•*•*•
"I can't believe you said that Liz! Now I'm stuck in a position I don't want."
"Your welcome for getting you somewhere farther in a possible relationship?"
"What? No, Liz! That's the problem! I don't want to mess up our potential relationship as friends. I'm honestly scared that he'll reject me, and then our friendship will be nothing but awkward, and I'll end up losing a best friend I've had for years all because I couldn't keep my big mouth shut!"
"Ok. First of all, you don't have a big mouth, I would know. Second, Mark will always be there for you, and I feel that even if you guys did split because of it, you'd eventually get back together again because you guys wouldn't be able to live without the other. So, go for it, and if it turns into something else, great! If not, I'm here for you just like a best friend should be. You're amazing Cass, and if he can't see that then he's blind and doesn't deserve you."
     I sniff back tears and hug Liz.
"Thank you, Liz, so much. I love you and I'm glad you're my best friend. I'll always be here for you too, no matter what."
     My mom walks into my room to a sobbing girl mess. She looks at us and then starts crying too.
"I love you girls so much and I hope you both know I'm here for you always. Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Liz is right hon if Mark can't see you as you, then he doesn't deserve you. And I hope your girls are crying happy tears, not sad ones."
"We are," we both say as we laugh.
"Good. Dinner will be ready in about twenty more minutes, so make sure you finish your homework."
"Thank you, Liz," I say as I hug her again.
     She smiles at me and we walk downstairs together.
•*•*•*•*•
I love happy endings! To chapters I mean. Don't worry people,  this story ain't done yet. If anything it's just getting started! I love comments(no negativity) and if you see a typo, point it out. I don't mind. If you have any ideas for stories you want me to do just post it in the comments section and I'll see what I can do! Let me know what you guys think, and click the star if you like it and want to vote for it.
:) Sorry, the chapter was short this time.