Chapter 6

Kylo

"So this is it, the Oracle Stone?" I asked turning to the three of them. They looked between each other. 

"Yes. It took some hunting, but after scouring archives, ancient texts, interrogating smugglers and torturing historians we found it. Korriban. In the ancient tomb of Tulak-Hord. A most interesting place, Supreme Leader." I turned away from the dark object as Zira Ren finished her testimony. 

"It's been lost for three decades only rumoured through stories and old lore." It had some appeal but I could feel the raw power radiating off of it from ten feet back. 

"What do you know of this Oracle Stone, Supreme Leader?" Hux took a step closer to me getting in my space. I looked back at the ancient stone. It was a rare jewel indeed, yet something about it frightened me and I am not so easily shaken. 

"Only what I was told. The stone gives the user the ability of clairvoyance and eyes to monitor events that occur far away. Emperor Palpatine used it.  The user wouldn't need so many scouts, they could protect people and prevent many deaths from occurring." 

Hux finished for me, "The ultimate eye." I nodded staring at the object. "One so omnipotent could be a God!" Hux exaggerated.

I could have better control over the Galaxy, send out troopers to stop the conflicts from happening. I could find the Resistance and crush them once and for all. 

But most importantly, I could find Rey. 

I would always be able to find Rey. 

Rey

I walked into the control room with Rose close by. She came to wake me up earlier, I'd slept through the whole night and half the day apparently after we talked and I had cried myself to sleep. The refreshers on the Resistance base were certainly better than the small stream that ran by my hut. Yes, I could live here permanently if the war ever ended; food, beds, clean clothes, hot water, friends.

Rose's friendship was most comforting and needed. Yes, Finn was my closest friend but I could never tell him about the bond Ben and I share. He wouldn't understand. Rose is more patient and understanding and for that I am truly grateful. Yet, from my understanding of the principles of friendship, girls talk about boy trouble whilst boys bicker and banter about their toys. Boys and their toys!

I watched the many commanders, captains and generals discussing some sort of military approach on a planet. Poe was pointing and talking, Snap assisting and Finn was giving directions. This must be how it always was.

I only ever got small missions through a comm link in between my training with Master Luke. Oh my maker! I must've missed a dozen lessons in the last two days. 

You are ready Rey. I turned and saw Luke behind me, no one could see except for me. His aged form glowed a blue hue and I could see straight through him.

How do you know Master? I voiced to him through my mind. 

You have already proved it. Facing your fears and your weaknesses. When the time comes you will know. You must restore Balance to the Galaxy, Rey. I watched as Luke faded away. I had at least a hundred questions swimming around in my head; what does he mean by balance and that I've already proved myself?

Rose gave me a small nudge with her elbow and I turned my attention to the centre.

"We can attack here. It would be a surprise attack. The First Order don't know how strong we are and they have valuable supplies." Snap finished up.

"The mission is to create a diversion. A small band of rebels can attack the hanger, two from the sky, the rest on the ground whilst the other team which will be even smaller goes to collect data pads, medical supplies, ammunition, food, crates of anything." I listened intently. So this was how the Resistance were getting their supplies, raids on the First Order. Of course, not many people would be willing to invest in the Resistance's cause when their seems to be some amount of peace - from their point of you, the Resistance must be bunch of rabble rowsers looking to stir up any semblance of peace no matter how absurd and oppressed the down-trodden are in this Galaxy.

"It sounds risky. What makes you think they won't send reinforcements?" I challenged Poe. Rose smiled and I caught her out of the corner of my eye. He whipped his head in my direction as did Finn and Snap. 

"They won't know we are there, that's the point of the diversion." He jaded surely and curtly.

"There will be people in the control room General who will be able to alert others during the diversion. This won't work." I continued to challenge Poe. 

"We will be gone before reinforcements can get there." 

"How do you know that? This isn't sound. If anything you should allow the small team to sneak in and the diversion happens as a ways to get them out." I contested still.

"Well, Rey. If you think that, you can lead the small team into the base. I'm sure your skills as a scavenger can assist you." I watched as Finn snapped his head to look at Poe. I felt my mouth gape open.

Ouch! Rose let out a small gasp besides me. I wanted to turn and run but my feet stood anchored to the floor and I could feel my face turn into a frown. 

"How many volunteers do you need General?" Rose piped up for the first time since we walked in.

"In Rey's team. Three or four." Snap answered before Poe. 

"Then I'm in. I volunteer." I looked at Rose who was smiling at me. She offered me an assuring wink.

"I'll go too." I snapped my head over and Finn had chimed in. He gave me an appreciative smile. Chewie roared signalling his role in the mission and BB-8 chimed in too.

"I'd like to volunteer also." A girl I didn't recognise said. I turned in the direction of her voice and I saw a girl with piercing green eyes and long ginger hair tied in a plait resting on her shoulder. I recognised her as one of the recruits who volunteered a few months back.

"You're not ready, Kerra." Poe scalded to her. The girl, Kerra scowled at him in return and I realised that she's about my age.

"I can do this, General. I've been training for months now. My skills could be of value on this mission." Poe looked tormented and sighed in defeat.

"Very well then. Rey, Rose, Finn, Chewbacca, BB-8 and Kerra will go into the base and grab the resources as well as any data files. Snap will lead the assault from the sky and I will supervise from here." Poe finalised the plan.

Rose perked up again. "I have one question," Poe nodded at her. "Which First Order outpost are we going to?" I realised both Rose and I missed that part of the plan and am thankful she asked.

Poe grimaced at the question, "Vardos." I'd never heard of this planet that Poe had mentioned but it must be under imperial control of the First Order.

"You leave tomorrow morning."