Step 4

~show ur soft side

I curiously looked in the direction the mother and daughter had come from. "It's a pit-bull" I stated
"it's kinda cute" Rihanna said. I nodded and asked her to hold my guitar. I walked myself toward the dog, and stroked it's head. It seemed to have injured one of its hind legs so there was no choice but to carry the dog and walk back to Rihanna "awww it's eyes are baby blue" Rihanna cooed
"yea it's still not an adult" I explained. "well I guess for once my so called mom was right, I'm happy I have these bandages with me" I took out a roll of bandages from my pocket. I rolled the dogs leg in the bandage and sat it down on the floor. It looked at me funny. He had no collar, I guess he's a stray "looks like someone's coming to the vet with me- then my house" I said. His tail wagged, and he tried to jump onto me. I laughed a while then took my guitar back from Rihanna and began to walk, the dog followed clumsily behind.
"hey can I come too?!?" Rihanna yelled after me
"sure!" I yelled back, she ran to catch up to me and the (mainly grey) pit-bull. We get to the vet, it was pretty empty and we got our turn pretty fast. The vet said that it was only sprained and that he shouldn't push himself, so no running or jumping, just walking. "ya heard that boy? your gonna be alright" I said to the dog as I stroked his head.
The vet is an old friend of mine, and gave the dog all the shots he needed "what's his name?" She asked
"um... Spike" I said
"ok, spike, ur good to go." After a while she handed me a collar and a leash- the collar had his name tag and address.
Spike jumped off of the examination table and walked behind me as I exited the door "bye Molly!!!" I yelled to the vet. I bent down and put the collar on spike, but not the leash- didn't really think he needed it. "let's go boy" I said as spike followed me.
"hey can I walk with u guys?" I had almost forgotten Rihanna was with us.
"yea" I replied to her, she smiled and followed us to my house.
My "mother" and "father" didn't like animals but I loved them, so I moved out as soon as I turned 18, it's no big deal in another 2 or 3 months I'm suppose to get out of foster care anyway. I opened the door to my house, and was ambushed by my four legged friends (my husky, Ella. My German Shepard, Trevor- and I was also ambushed by my blue jay, sky. "calm down guys" I laughed, as Trevor and Ella continued to jump around me, and sniff the unfamiliar person and new pup "hey this is our new friend, his name's Spike" I introduced my new dog to the others "and this is a friend from school, her names Rihanna" I continued. I let Rihanna in, and all my animals came along. She stood at the door while I looked for an extra dog bed and two food bowls, for spike. I set up a space for him in the living room, and tapped on the soft dog bed to draw his attention. he made himself at home, and I smiled knowing he adapted to quickly, "I'll be right back." I went to the kitchen, and gave him food and water. Poor thing must've been starved.
"u really love ur animals don't u?" Rihanna asked
"their the little bit of family I have left" I replied as I stared at my blue jay fly around the room and into it's cage. "u can sit if you'd like" I encouraged.
"oh thanks" Rihanna said calmly and sat on the couch. My husky and German Shepard jumped onto the couch as well and laid down next to her.