Two

Eeeeee, a new part!
———

It was later that day, In a fancy car driving down the street was the man, Stark, a lady with strawberry blonde red hair and green eyes. A man sat In the front, he was chubby and had brownish black hair and brown eyes. Stark had called him "Happy". Beside Stark lay Z'ev and Nix. A pet carrier that could fit the both of them by the window with It's door open for when they stopped. The woman turned around to face Stark. "Tony, tell me why you brought them?" She whispered, slightly motioning towards the two pups who lay side by side, curled up to their father's left leg. 'Tony' blinked lazily at the woman. "Pepper, I can't just leave them at home." He whispered back, his voice having a stern undertone. The woman, Pepper rolled her eyes. "Couldn't you have got them a dog sitter?" She argued quietly with him. Z'ev raised her head, going unnoticed by the two adults. The black pup with the white splotch on her chest jumped Into the man's lap. Gaining his attention as she sat on his leg, her front paws resting on his chest. Tony glanced down, a ghost of a smile on his face as his large, calloused hand scratched behind Z'ev's tiny ears. Z'ev gave a content pant In return, her emerald green eyes shining In excitement. Tony let a single chuckle escape past his lips, before lightly shooing Z'ev back down to her brother. He then turned back to Pepper, she seemed to fighting down a smile from creeping onto her face. Tony smirked at her, a mischievous glint In his eyes. He knew that only him and Happy knew that the pups could speak to them, but his former assistant didn't.
Soon enough, the five reached an airbase, a jet lined up and ready to leave. Tony turned towards the pups, tapping Z'ev's head and motioned towards the pet carrier when she looked towards him. Z'ev gave off a yawn, nipping at Nix's ears. Nix shook out his short, puppy fur and rose to his paws. Trotting towards the pet carrier, Z'ev following closely behind. Once the two settled In the pet carrier, the metal link door clicked shut and was locked. To ensure they didn't accidentally tumble out when being transferred. A blanket was draped over the front of the carrier, protecting the pups from peering eyes, especially If any crazy reporters had managed to find out about the surprise visit to New York. The door to the car opened, Tony grabbing the handle on top of the pet carrier and dragging It out behind him. Pepper fell Into step at his left side, the pet carrier splitting them apart. Happy had parked the car, leading the two onto the private jet.
Once the jet's door was closed and the others had gotten themselves situated and seated, was then they began to take off. Tony had taken the blanket off of the cage door, unlocking the door once they got to a high enough altitude and were flying steadily. He left the door tot he pet carrier a smidge open In case they needed something. Currently, he had his laptop resting on his lap, looking over plans of his recent suit with JARVIS. Across from him sat Pepper, Happy not far from them. Tony didn't remember how long he talked with JARVIS, but when he looked up, the skies were dark with stars speckled across them. A gentle, peaceful smile appeared on his face. He put his laptop away, looking to the pups' carrier which was on the chair next to himself. "Goodnight, pups." He whispered, careful not to wake anyone If they happened to be asleep. Before resting his head onto his shoulder, curling up Into a ball. His eyes focused on the window beside him, lids slowly closing. Once his eyelids fully shut, he was welcomed to the succumb of sleep. For once, a nightmare didn't seem to plaque his mind, just gentle, blissful, sleep.

A/N Short chapter, but It felt right leaving It off there. I think Tony's got a soft spot for little Sushi and Nix, It's quite cute.