Chapter 1

Hey guys! mrs_loki here, now this is my first fanfiction, so I hope you enjoy it! It is based around Loki, so if you enjoy the Avengers hopefully you'll enjoy this.

Now I have to give credit to my friend ZoeSpencerSmith, she helped me with some idea's, so cheak out her acount if you like Avengers and she also has 1D fics.

Ok, I don't own the characters (except Faven) and some of the story line is borrowed too, so, enjoy! Don't forget to like, fan, and comment.

Loki P.O.V

“Mother, how do you say this? Far-van, right?” I asked, as Thor and I gazed up at their mother.

“Not quite, you say it like raven, but with an ‘f’ instead of a ‘v’.” She replied, both of us just nodded.

“Who is she?” Thor asked.

“She is a girl who will be living with us; she’s the same age as you two.”

“Why?” I questioned, I tilted his head slightly to the side, our mother sighed,

“Both her parents have died and her father was a good friend of your father.” We both nodded as the doors to the throne room opened as a guard entered followed by a girl around our age who looked at us before her gaze dropped to the floor. Our mother walked and met the pair halfway, crouching to the girl’s height.

Mother led her our way, Thor and I straightened up, and when she got closer I saw her hair was not black, as I had first thought, but was a mixture of dark blues, greens and purples. Her eyes were the same colour as a pale green sea and her skin slightly darker than most Asgardians. I was in awe of this nine year old, she was so pretty.

“Faven, this is Thor and Loki, boys this is Faven.” Our mother introduced us to the girl who had half hidden behind her. Thor gave her a wide smile, whereas I just gazed at her, inspecting the way her hair changed colour ever so slightly when it moved and how her eyes seemed dull, even in the bright light.

“Why don’t you take Faven to her room, it’s the one between your rooms.” Mother told us, we nodded and Thor started walking, but I reached out my hand for her to take, which she did after a few hesitant seconds. As we walked through the hallways I told her what was in each room.

“This is the dining hall, this is Mother and Fathers room, this is my room, and the next one is yours and the one after that is Thor’s.” I opened the door to her room for her; there was only a bed, dresser, and a few draws and a closet. Her face fell a little at the bareness of her new room.

“Umm, would you like to come and see my room?” She nodded her head, I hadn’t gotten her to speak yet, but I would try. I opened the door and bowed slightly, letting her in before myself. When I did enter I saw Thor lounging on my bed, staring at the ceiling,

“Brother, what are you doing in my room?” I asked stepping ahead of Faven.

“I got bored and came to talk to you two.” He replied, my room was fairly big and it was a couple of meters from the door to my bed in the middle of the room. I extended my hand to Faven, she took it and I walked her to the bed, Thor eyed us suspiciously. We all sat on my bed in silence for a few seconds, before Thor came out and said, very obnoxiously,

“How did your parents die?” My jaw almost hit the floor when he said that, I was contemplating hitting him in the head with my fist, not that it would do much, but then I saw Faven’s eyes watering ever so slightly. I glared over at Thor before leaning over towards Faven and pulling her into a tight embrace, I rubbed soothing circles on her back as I felt her body start to shake as she sobbed into my shoulder. Thor looked shocked before regaining some common sense and hugging her as well, he apologised profusely and continuously.

After a while her crying slowed to a whimper, she had favoured my comfort to Thor’s so he had left to go to his room. She still clutched my tunic tightly in her small hands; I started to hum the lullaby my mother used to sing to me when I couldn’t sleep. I started singing forgetting she was there.

‘The sky is dark and the hills are white

As the storm-king speeds from the north to-night;

And this is the song the storm-king sings,

As over the world his cloak he flings:

"Sleep, sleep, little one, sleep;"

He rustles his wings and gruffly sings:

"Sleep, little one, sleep."

On yonder mountain-side a vine

Clings at the foot of a mother pine;

The tree bends over the trembling thing,

And only the vine can hear her sing:

"Sleep, sleep, little one, sleep;

What shall you fear when I am here?

Sleep, little one, sleep."

The king may sing in his bitter flight,

The pine may croon to the vine to-night,

But the little snowflake at my breast

Liketh the song I sing the best, ---

"Sleep, sleep, little one, sleep;

Weary thou art, anext my heart;

Sleep, little one, sleep.’

When I finished my song I realized I’d shut my eyes, I opened them and saw Faven asleep on my bed. It was not yet dinner time, but I curled up next to her and fell asleep.

Faven P.O.V

My eyes started to droop the first time Prince Loki sang ‘Sleep, sleep, little one, sleep,’ my eyes shut well before the song must have ended.