II. New Friends

(B/f/n) - Best (female) friend's name
(F/f) - Favorite Food
(l/r) - Left or right, depending on which hand is not your dominant one (if you're ambidextrous, choose whichever)

Humming to yourself, you carried your lunch tray through the Auradon cafeteria and wove through crowds of students chatting about their days. Although you were still slightly upset over the Finding an Interesting Lover project (which you had dubbed "Project Fail" in your head, due to the acronym it spelled), your mood brightened as the bell rang for lunchtime. In addition to the fact that today's menu was serving (f/f), prepared by Auradon's high-class chefs (King Beast and Queen Belle insist on having the best of the best for their students, especially if princes and princesses from all around attended Auradon), lunch was also the first time of the day that you got to see your best friend, (b/f/n)! It was unfortunate that Auradon didn't let you change your class schedules; otherwise, you and (b/f/n) would've had all of your classes together, instead of sharing only the lunch period and a couple of afternoon classes. Oh, what would you give to start your morning off with your best friend instead of Audrey's complaints!

Perhaps those thoughts came up too soon because as you arrived at your lunch table there was no sight of (b/f/n). Instead, Audrey sat giggling at the jokes of a  blonde-haired boy with strikingly blue eyes. You wanted to throw your lunch tray and stomp off in frustration upon hearing his voice. It was Chad Charming.

Chad was, well, he was a complete jerk. You were paired up with him in geography class once, for a map-making project. At first, you thought he was a genuine guy, and worthy of his popularity. He had talked with you (unlike your last partner...awkward silence always seeped through the days of group work) and even made some funny jokes here and there. He was super cooperative when you suggested ideas and even praised you a little for some of them. Maybe it had gotten to your head a bit because it took you that long to notice that he didn't do any work at all. The days you'd promised to meet up to work on the project, he'd always have something that came up (sports games, dentist appointments, babysitting...the list went on endlessly). Then, on the day you had to present the project, he called in sick. You were too nice (or perhaps too lazy) to complain to the teacher about Chad's poor work ethic, so you left it as it was. But Chad didn't even apologize to you the next day. He had the audacity to raise his hand, saying that the two of you had great teamwork, expecting you to give him a high-five. The only thing you gave him that day was a glare. Needless to say, Chad Charming got on your nerves. So why was he at your lunch table?

"Oh, hello, (y/n)!" Audrey chirped, finally noticing your presence. Chad turned towards you as well, echoing his girlfriend's greeting. "Chad's joining our lunch table, starting today. Jane said that she doesn't want to sit with us anymore, what a pity. I guess she likes it better sitting by herself." Audrey scrunched her nose at the thought of her image being ruined by Jane's choice to not sit at her table. Chad, you noticed, sat in the seat next to Audrey, the one Jane used to occupy. It was odd that she would just leave like that. You thought that Jane and Audrey were rather close.

"It's great to see you again, (y/n)," Chad grinned. He turned to Audrey, "We worked together in Geography class once, we made a great team!"

You forced yourself to hold in a scoff, changing the topic, "Where is (b/f/n)?"

"Oh, she's sick," Audrey waved her hand as if dismissing the topic, "But it's great you and Chad are already on familiar terms with each other! It's like he's destined to sit here! A perfect addition to our table." She and Chad giggled at this.

"Mhm," you absentmindedly agreed, "I'm going to look for (b/f/n)." You left the table, not wanting to sit with Audrey or Chad Charming. If her boyfriend was going to sit there for the rest of the year, you don't think you would be able to take it. Maybe you and (b/f/n) could both move someplace else once she felt better. Then again, (b/f/n) could probably scare him off. She had the ferocity of a tiger and the spirit of a lion. You were surprised she got sick, and even more surprised that the sickness would keep her from attending classes.