Chapter 2: loss

Dreamwish had fallen asleep, but woke up later and hunted,Face filled with no emotion, Her fur was slightly pale,and her eyes were red and a bit puffy, but she ignored it, cats whispers, cats calling to her, She hunted all day.

A cat glanced around, Seeing his mentor Dreamwish coming in with a load of fresh kill, "Hey Dreamwish, mind if i come with you? I have seen you hunt for a few hours" He said,a tone of concern in his voice, "Sure,i could use company, plus i can check your skills" She had flicked her tail and he followed out of camp.

After they had hunted, They had a mock fight, He nipped her ear and she batted at his face. They stopped huffing and puffing."Great job!" She purred, And he raised his head a bit proudly. They walked back to camp and carried their prey, They set it down and picked a vole and mouse to eat. They talked and ate together. Dreamwish felt a bit better then earlier.

Autumnleaf was coming ahead of Soulstar as they went farther away from camp. She froze as soon as she saw claw marks on the soft ground. One sniff overwhelmed her with the stench of badger. A mother, father, and cubs. She lifted her head and bolted toawrds some thorn bushes near a small lake, not giving Soulstar time to reach.

She halted towards a stop as she was facing the back of a hideous black and white spine-striped beast. It turned around,and snarled showing it's yellow teeth and long claws. Autumnleaf unseathed her claws, saying loudly, "Soulstar,hurry! "Autumnleaf said, not taking her eyes off the badger mother.

Soon, a much larger badger slid out from the hollow protected by the bushes. Not to mention the three small heads peeking from the small den. The father was going to possibly be the worst to fight. "If I die,I die with honor for my clan, "She said outloud.

Ghostpelt watches from the shadows, but does not interfere.

Dreamwish walked towards the badgers, She had been hunting with her apprentice and motioned for him to stop with her tail. The father badger turned and leapt toward her, "Whats wrong-ah!" he said and dashed back before the badger could hit him. She leapt at the badger, Her claws slashing its back, It growled and tried to throw her off. But she dug her claws deep and said to him, "Attack it!"

The badgers had leapt were biting him. She was dealing with the worse one, It buckled and she let it throw her off, She landed on balanced paws and turned toward it. She quickly swiped at its face, It clawed her tail and a bit of fur fell down.But she ignored it. It leaped at her and bit down in her shoulder, She hissed, Biting its ear. It was torn and she saw it was distracted. She pinned it and bit into its neck,Huffing and puffing.

Her shoulder bled badly and she got off of it. And he saw her stumbling a bit. "Go to the medicine cat den. Your shoulder needs a look at "She nodded, "Smart thinking, Moving back before it hit you." She commented as they walked back. "You fought like a warrior "He raised his head at the praise and purred. "Maybe i should be a warrior now"

"Maybe" She said and smiled warmly.

She padded back to camp, Pain in her shoulder. She walked to the medicine cat den and let the she tend to her wounds, When she was done she had sat in the middle of camp, Curling up. Her eyes were slightly closed and she yawned. She slowly slept and her chest fell and rose gently.

Ghostpelt walks off.

River pool runs into the clan, and runs into the medicine cat. she remembered about her wounds that she got fighting foxes were now bleeding even more and were hurt.

Autumnleaf, almost alone and facing 2 badgers, faced them bravley. She leaped in the air, paws rised with claws out and mouth open wide. She bit the father badger's shoulder, but was thrown back. Autumnleaf spun around, and to her horror, Mintkit was watching with no emotion. The mother badger hurdled towards him. "NO!" Autumnleaf yowled, her voice being able to be heard at camp.