Chapter Seven: He's here

Edited: March 1, 2022

The American's along with Katherine, Rick and the others soon made it back to Cairo. Ever since they left, everyone has been on edge and they keep looking over their shoulders and with good reason. Knowing that a living corpse is on the loose could put a fright in anyone. Katherine was still thinking about what the creature said, calling her Nefera and Ardeth Amun, which caused her to keep going back to her dreams and visions.

Right now, she was sitting in Evy's room watching and listening to her and her brother having a heated argument with each other. Both Katherine and Evy have changed into a fresh set of clothes with Evy wearing a white long sleeve blouse, a long khaki shirt, black shoes and she had her hair up in a neat bun. Katherine was wearing a floor length low shoulder green dress with ruffles along the collar, sleeves and the skirt of the dress, and black shoes. She had her hair up in a half bun style with the rest of her curly hair flowing down her back.

"I thought you didn't believe in that fairy tales and hokum stuff?" Rick asked as he carried some of Evy's clothes over to a suitcase "Shoo!" he yelled at the white cat that laid on the suitcase

Evy picked up her cat as Rick opened the suitcase "H-Having an encounter with a 3,000 year old walking, talking corpse does tend to convert one" Evy put her cat down as she removed her clothes from the suitcase.

"Tell me about it" Katherine said to herself from her spot on the bed as she picked up the white cat and began to pet her gently.

"Forget it!" Rick said as he emptied out Evy's draws and placed the contents into the suitcase "We're out the door, we're down the hall and we're gone"

"Oh, no we are not!" Evy protested as she removed the contents from the suitcase.

"Oh, yes we are" Rick stated as he picked up some books.

"Oh, no we are not" Evy said back "We woke him up and we are going to stop him"

"We? What 'we'?" Rick asked as he tossed the books into the suitcase "We didn't read that book. I told you not to play around with that thing. Didn't I tell you not to play around with that thing?"

"Right then" Evy said as she unloaded her books from the suitcase "Me, me, me, me, I, I, I woke him up and I intend to stop him"

"Oh, yeah? How?" Rick asked "You heard Kathy's boyfriend, no mortal weapon can kill this guy"

"He's not my boyfriend" Katherine pointed out as Rick picked up a type-writer and was going to put it in the suitcase.

"Well, then we're just going to have to find some immortal ones" Evy said as she grabbed the type-writer from Rick's hands.

"There goes that 'we' again" Rick said as he placed his hands on the suitcase.

"Would you listen to me?" Evy asked as she closed the suitcase, unintentionally slamming it close on Rick's hands "We have to do something! Once this creature has been reborn, his curse is going to spread until the whole of the Earth is destroyed"