The News Article

March  18th, 1994  Rose Valley Post

THE BODY HAD BEEN FOUND AT OLD BLACKBORNE RUINS, THE EIGHT YEAR OLD WITNESSING IT

Thursday, March 17th -- the woman's body had been found by town's officers in late evening hours, mutilated and suspended by hands at old Blackborne mansion. The victim had been identified as Isabelle Abernathy, the mother of two and wife to one and only, Maurice Abernathy. While we are distressed of the lose a great soul, the family must be torn -- especially the younger son, who witnessed his mother being killed by unidentified killer.

The young Thomas Abernathy's had been unable to describe the killer, crying for his mother through whole interrogation, screaming for help. You need to help my mom, he spoke through the tears while Sheriff Todd tried to calm the little boy.

Maurice, brought to the station to gave a statement, had mentioned his wife had took their eight year old son for a walk every day. His face had been contorted in the pain while he spoke about his late wife. Their eldest son, Wilbur, had been by his father's side through the testimony. While the young boy grieved for his mother, he was forced to stay strong for both, his father and young brother.

The gloomy days are coming over our peaceful town and let just hope The Beast  would be caught before it strikes again.

Article written by Jemma Higgins