Chapter Two

I want to say thank you to everyone for reading you guys are AWESOME

_____________________________

Mercedes P.O.V

The next morning I woke up with a heavy feeling in my stomach. As I stood I realized I wasn't alone in my room. He was staring at me with those eyes that would bore into my soul and take my secrets. I stand up and make my way to the restroom to grab a robe.

Mercedes: What do you want Samuel and how did you know where I was?

Sam: Your mother. Wait, did you just call me Samuel?

Mercedes: Your name is Samuel isn't it?

He goes to answer but before he can I realize have more to say.

Mercedes: Look, Sam, I'll always have a special place in my heart for you but I've moved on. You need to do the same.

Sam: I love you Merce you got to understand that I still love you.

Mercedes: Sam I love you too and I understand all that but in the past few months I've grown.

Sam: I understand.

I watch as he turns to leave and I want to grab him and make him stay but I can't.

[Trial] - Sam P.O.V

Mercedes Lawyer: We'd like to call Samuel Evans to the stage.

Walking up to the stage is petrifying, nervous because I'm afraid that I might say something wrong. I don't want to hurt anyone, especially Mercedes. Whether she knows it not I care about her more than anything.

Mercedes Lawyer: State your name.

"Samuel Chord Evans"

Mercedes Lawyer: Can you tell how long you and the defendant dated?

"1 year and maybe 4 months."

Mercedes Lawyer: So she wasn't a quickie?

"I wouldn't be here paying a lawyer if it were only a quickie."

Mercedes Lawyer: So if she wasn't a quickie. What exactly is she to you?

"I don't know."

Mercedes Lawyer: I think you do. Mercedes was nothing more to you than a fling. You saw her finances as a weakness meaning you used her as a ploy to not only step out on your wife but to make her life a living hell when you were done. Now your uppity wife is suing my client for your mistakes.

"That's not true, I love I mean ... I mean I care a lot about Mercedes. "

Mercedes Lawyer: Mr. Evans as much fun as this is I want to know what made you step out on your wife in the first place.

"I guess I was unhappy."

Mercedes Lawyer: You guess, you mean you don't know whether your happy or not. Mr. Evans if you would step out on your wife you must be unhappy.

"I don't know."

Mercedes Lawyer: Mr. Evans you need to figure out. Your honor that is all.

Judge: I'm calling a 10-minute recess, Mr. Evans find some answers in that brain of yours, please.

"Yes, mam."

[RECESS]-Sam

Evans Fabray Lawyer: Mr. Evans you have to give her something to work with. I know Santana Lopez and she will eat you alive. The good thing is your throwing her off a bit but she will soon catch exactly what you're doing.