Chapter 4

Jack

I zoomed through the halls, finding my first class and rushed in, sitting in my usual seat. "Late again Mr. Will?" Mr. Browne asked comimg up to my desk. I nodded, and bit my lip. He pursed his lips and went back to his teaching. I sighed, glancing at the H/C girl as she worked hard. To be honest I miss her being around, I guess I just was too into playing with Julian, and his chnage of personality. "Mr. Will." I heard my teacher call, leaving my deep thoughts. "Did you-" The loud sound of the bell and rustling students interupted Mr. Browne, causing me to join those students in packing. I raced out before my English teacher called me again, following other kids to my science class.

Time skippp

I rushed out the class and into the cafeteria, before any of my friends would, which was strange for me. I saw Y/N aitting at her empty table she's been sitting at for two months. I walked up to her, tapping on her shoulder lightly, causing her to turn around slowly. "Oh- Hey Jack." She said giving me a sweet smile. I hesitantly opened my mouth, not sure what to say since we haven't talked in a while other than "Hi's" or "Hello's".
"H-Hi uhm Y/N."

Y/N

"H-Hi uhm Y/N." He answered. I looked around trying to be nice, "Where's your friends?" Keyword.. Your. I eyed their table to see Julian looking over from Jack's usual spot. "O-Oh, I uh, c-can, m-may I sit with you today?" He stuttered, I blushed at his non-sense, and giggled. "Stutter-much?" I tugged his hand softly, "Come on if you want to eat lunch with me you can atleast sit." I smiled, feeling the warm, butterfly feeling I felt before Julian came along, and when he handed me his invitation. He sat down across from me, smiling sheepishly.

..

We laughed at Jack's joke uncontrollably. "I forgot how nice it was to be with you." He said smiling, causing my heart to break, I looked down akwardly, feeling that weird feeling I've felt for almost three months now. "N-No I didnt mean it like that I-" I cut him off raising my head. "I-Its okay Jack I understand, you go sit with your friends, I need to study for a test anyways." I said wiping the tears from my eyes quickly and grabbing my stuff and leaving.

I felt his blue eyes watch me as I left the buzzing cafeteria, the thing is I wasn't really going to study. I silently cried, trying not to look foolish as I walked down the locker-filled hallways to my next class..