Fireworks

I expected to get really drunk. Probably wake up somewhere I didn't recognize. It was a 3 hour car ride, and it was 7 by the time we got there.

When we got there it was extremely crowded. We picked out a spot on the top of a hill. We were closer to the fireworks than everybody else, but not by that far.

Everybody could see us. And a lot of people were staring, due to how we looked. A punk kid and a slightly punk fuckboy. Not something you see everyday.

"So. When exactly do they start?"

"Around 10."

"That's gonna be boring."

"I've got my skate board in the car if you wanna ride for a while."

"Sure." I smiled. We left our spot and ran down the hill and back to his car.

He was a lot better at skateboarding than me. I fell, a lot. I wasn't good with balance. I was doing pretty well though, hadn't fallen yet.

Spoke too soon. When I started loosening up and starting to trust how the board moved, I hit a huge crack in the blacktop unexpectedly.

I didn't get any scrapes, cuts, or bruises, but my wrist was the first thing to hit the ground.

I grabbed it in pain as I sucked in my breath. Evan quickly ran over to me and knelt down, he lifted me to where I was leaning on him.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. It'll stop hurting after a few minutes."

"What happened?"

"I'm not really so sure."

He grabbed the skateboard and stood up, helping me back to my feet. He took the skateboard back to the car and we went back to our spot.

We had spent 2 hours riding skateboards, so we had 1 more hour to waste.

We basically talked about random shit the entire time, drank a few beers, and played on our phones.

We put our phones away a few minutes before the fireworks started. There we a few people scatters onto the hill, down in the valley, and on the other hillside.

I gasped at the loud pop in the background. I looked up, seeing beutiful explosions of colors filling the night sky, accompanied by billions of flickering stars.

I smiled to myself. It was cold, and I had left my jacket in the car. He glanced at me, I shivered a little. He chuckled, handing me his jacket. I put it on and zipped it up.

I looked back up to the sky, feeling the comfort of warmth and the smell of mint. Was I falling for him? Or was it just the beer?

Whatever it was, I liked it. It was an unfirmiliar feeling to me.

Could he possibly be the one to... fix me?

Sorry it's short, I'm in class rn. Yeah, I fucking hate this class. But, I'll probably update a little more often.