Young Zion

It's a new morning, the sun is out and shining. The females enjoy the sun, as the alpha's hunt, all but one. The main alpha, the leader Sakata, is pacing back and forth outside of the den. Ash, his mate, however is inside the den about to give birth. Hours have passed and it's about noon, the alpha's had return with a giant moose which they had hunted. As for Ash, she just gave birth to six cubs, all but one were female. Sakata entered the den and saw his six beautiful cubs. He turned and looked at his mate; "They look just like you", he said. "And you my love", Ash replied. The first cub to be named was Zion seeing as he was the oldest. Second was his sister, Luna, then Niylah, followed by Opal, Venus and the youngest Zuma. 

Zion was a playful cub and liked to start play fights with his sisters. He also loved to annoy his father. The girls would lay with their mother as they watched Sakata and Zion play. Although, when the moon would rise and night would fall, the young cups would be asleep and cuddled with their mother. Sakata entered the den and quietly walked to Ash. "Finally they're asleep", he said. "Indeed, Zion was the first to fall, not surprised with all the playing he's been doing", Ash answered with a smirk. 

The next morning, Zion was already outside the den. When Sakata woke up he saw Zion was gone, he ran outside to see Zion attacking a leaf that fell off of the tree. "He's even more playful today isn't he papa?", Zuma asked. "Yes Zuma, he's a strong one too. He'll make a great leader one day.", He replied. "Of course he will, He is your son after all.", Ash said as she walks out the den with the other cubs. 

It was half way between morning and noon. The cubs were playing, enjoying their youth. Zion and Luna headed down to the stream for some water. As Luna slipped on the edge and fell in, being so young she didn't know how to swim.

"PAPA! MAMA!" Zion yelled. Ash and Sakata ran to Zion and saw Luna in the stream. "LUNA!" Ash screamed. Sakata jumped into the river, as Zion stood next to his mother worried. Sakata rose from the water on the other side. Ash could see him on the shore, but no Luna. Sakata turned around with Luna in his mouth. "Is she alright", asked Ash. "She's fine just a bit shook up." 

"Zion what were you thinking, You know your too young to swim" scowled Ash. "I'm sorry mama; we just wanted a drink then she slipped, I tried grabbing her but I couldn't," he pouted. Sakata reached Ash and placed Luna on shore. "Oh Luna, your alright," she said with relief. "I am mama and don't blame Zion I fell in, he tried to grab me." Luna answered. Ash looked at the cubs, "Both of you to the den, now." "Maybe it's time for them to go into alpha training?", Sakata asked while panting. "There just cubs sakata, there too young", Ash was furious. "This could've been worse Ash, Do you want to lose our cubs. We could've lost luna!". Sakata raised his voice at Ash, and Ash at him. Zion laid behind the bush spying on his parents. He didn't like them arguing and blamed himself. He heard his mother growl and ran into the den. 

"Oh boy, you think he heard." "What do you think ash?", said, Sakata, as he walked to the den. Sakata peeked inside the den to see Zion curled up with his ear flopped. He went closer and laid next to Zion. "You know, me and your mother were just upset. We don't want to lose you, any of you", he said. "I know papa, I still hate it when you and mama growl at each other. I did try and grab her papa, but she slipped", Zion pouted. "I know son, your mother was just worried, she'll calm down. She just didn't want to lose you and your sister. One day it will be up to you to guide her, and the rest of your sisters," said his father. "I know papa," Zion answered. "And remember my son...Life isn't alway easy there will be battles you will lose but that doesn't mean you give up." *Zion smiles* "Thank you papa," he said as his father left the den. 

Sakata reached the outside where Luna was resting, Ash by her side watching the other cubs. "Is he alright?," she asked. "He'll be fine, he's strong, he was just upset with himself that's all. I took care of it tho, Father to son," he answered. "I was just worried Sakata," she replied. He smiled, "I know."