Caught!

so this was originally a request but i don't remember who requested it. and since i'm rewriting my old chapters this one's next 🤞 uh also i'm out of state for the next five days so...ONE LAST THING. this takes place when everyone's a freshman and steve is graduated 🫶
==================================

Your older brother, Steve Harrington was the most popular guy in school. You received a lot of benefits from being his younger sister, no one messed with you, you were able to cheat off of anyone you wanted, you got free rides to school from your brother, and you were able to mooch off his popularity, even after he graduated.

What you didn't expect though, was your dear older brother to get stuck babysitting Mike Wheeler and his gang of misfits. You weren't friends with the kids who played DnD, in fact you thought that game was weird. You didn't believe it was connected to satan like so many other people did, but you did think it was a little nerdy...

Truth be told, whenever the group was around you found yourself in a good mood. Sure, they were nerds, but they were funny nerds. You found Dustin especially funny, the cheesy jokes he'd make were your favorite to hear. You were certain he got those jokes from Steve.

It didn't take long before the two of you were openly flirting with each other. Even when your older brother told you both to knock it off and stop flirting in front of him, you both stole glances at the other person.

You two got so comfortable with each other that eventually Dustin asked you out on a date. The time for the date came and you were at his house getting ready. You were fussing over his hair, the curls going every which way as you tried desperately to tame them.

No such luck though, as you caught Dustin staring admiringly at you. He smiled and his cheeks reddened significantly. You returned the smile and dropped your hands from his messy hair.

He placed his hands on your cheeks, seemingly ready to lean in for a kiss when the two of you were interrupted by a loud clicking noise and a flash of light. You simultaneously turned your head to see his mom standing to the side with a camera, "Mom! What the hell are you doing!?" Dustin complained but all you could do was try not to laugh.

"I didn't mean to interrupt! Please, carry on." She said, keeping the camera in the upright position. Dustin shook his head. "Get out! Please!" He begged and she complied. "Okay okay! I need more film anyway. Are you two love birds ready for dinner? It's almost ready." The question was rhetorical as she left the room.

Dustin let out a long sigh and turned back to you. "She's been doing that to me since middle school. I remember when I dressed up for Halloween one year she was taking so many pictures I was surprised I even had time to get candy." He shook his head and you finally giggled.

"Don't worry about it Dusty." You told him sincerely, placing your hands on his shoulders as you leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

You pulled away and smiled. "There."