baby

fluffy//angst?¿//JIHOPE

contains statements some may find offensive & cross dressing & little space

+++

jimin was bullied an awful lot. so what if he liked wearing skirts? so what if he wore knee high socks, and had stuffies in his bag? so what if he was 'mentally behind'? hoseok didn't care.

"hey jimin," one of the seniors called out. jimin tightened his grip on his backpack and turned around, chewing his lip nervously. "i love your skirt."

jimin felt warm inside. no one complimented his clothes. his lips- only with newly smeared lipgloss -parted into a wide smile, his eyes crinkling in the process.

"you think so?" he giggle excitedly, his hand moving down to his tummy, fiddling with them. the senior only cackled, walking toward jimin and flicking him in the head. jimin winced, coverings the spot with one hand as his gaze dropped.

"no, you idiot. you look awful. little boys aren't meant to wear skirts. grow up and be a man." he growled under his breath. jimin was never good with words and confrontation, taking everything to heart. his eyes brimmed with tears as his face scrunched up, hanging his head to look at his pale pink tennis skirt, paired with white knee-highs and pink converse. why did he dress like a girl if he was told it was wrong? that's not what good little boys do.

jimin was brought back to earth when the senior pushed him harshly, causing him to stumble backwards, falling onto the floor with a harsh 'thud'. a couple of students turned and laughed as jimin clenched his fists, pouting a little. the senior crouched down to jimin's level, ruffling his hair obnoxiously, pulling at it slightly.

"this some disability of yours then, princess?" the elder mocked. usually, jimin would adore pet names, but he felt like the other was saying it in a demeaning way, and jimin could feel his cheeks dampening already. "this what you get off to? or do you just wear clothes you're not meant to to get attention? what about this age thing, you pretending to be younger than you are? what the hell is wrong with you, park?"

"s- seok.." jimin blubbered biting on his thumb as the elder tugged his hair so that they were face to face.

"excuse me?"

"seok." jimin repeated a little louder. "i- i wan' s-seok." he mumbled, crying slightly harder as he let out a strangled sob. he reached out for the nearest mop of red hair, only letting out another sob when they pushed him away.

"jesus ch- why the hell are you crying? why have you got to make a big deal out of everything?" the senior yelled, pushing jimin further back. jimin fell onto his elbows, before curling up and stuffing a thumb into his mouth, looking up at the boy.

"what the hell!? what ha- jiminie!" jimin looked up at the sound of the familiar voice, blinking quickly to try and clear his sight. he soon felt a warm body envelop his own, pulling him closer. jimin curled into the body, sniffling as he watched the senior stand up.

nobody bothered hoseok, and everyone had a tonne of respect for him. jimin understood why- completely. he had way more respect for hoseok than anyone else.

"jesus christ, namjoon, leave the kid alone!" hoseok yelled, running a hand through jimin's hair, his other wrapped securely around his waist. hoseok looked down at the boy in his arms, noting the way he continuously tried to pull his skirt down, and the fact that his body was shaking. hoseok kissed the top of his head, the students that had previously laughed at jimin now coming over the scene.

hoseok hated it. he wasn't worthy of the tightly he held, and he knew it. why would everyone 'aw' at jimin whenever he was around, but trip him over and shout at him whenever he wasn't. hoseok was the sweetest, and by far most innocent, by he'd ever met, and he was just trying to be himself. the self that hoseok was slowly falling in love with.