Chapter Nine

Later that night, Kai walked into the room that she shared with Ivar. He woke up and looked at her.

"Do not say anything, Ivar." Kai said as she sat down. She pulled her shirt over her head and Ivar immediately noticed the scars on her back that he hadn't noticed before. She pushed her pants down and crawled up the bed. She looked at Ivar who was looking at her. Kai then straddled his waist and kissed him. Ivar's hand grasped either side of Kai's face as he kissed her back. She felt his prick harden and lowered herself onto him and felt him fill her. They both moaned at the feeling of each other. Kai put her hands on either side of Ivar's head as she started to move her hips. Ivar's hands sat on her hips as he looked up at her. She looked down at Ivar as she continued to move her hips.

Ivar sat up, pushing Kai back and wrapped her arms around her. He kissed her again as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome back, brothers." Ivar said to Ubbe and Hvitserk after the two had come back from speaking to Aethelwulf. Kai sat beside Ivar with her arms crossed. The two looked like they had been beat up. "You look thirsty. Are you thirsty?" People around them laughed. "I know I shouldn't say 'I told you so', but I told you so." Kai smirked. Everybody laughed again.

"Ivar, we were-."

"Let me guess you went to the Saxons and tried to make a deal...and they spoke sweet words to you, hmm." Ubbe proceeded to tell Ivar what happened.

"I was just trying-."

"You made a bad call! You showed yourself to be weak. You two are lucky to be alive. And now it is time for you to recognize me as the rightful leader of the Great Army." Ubbe stood up and walked towards him.

"As your older brother..." Ubbe was stopped by his guards. They let him pass. "As your older brother, I will never, ever accept that...anyway, it would be a dereliction of duty. And after all, doesn't somebody have to responsible of the care of our people?"

"Hmm, it doesn't seem to me that you have taken such great care of them so far."

"You cannot continue-" Ubbe started to say but turn back around to see Ivar talking to Kai. "Ivar...Ivar...Ivar!" Ivar and Kai's heads shot back towards Ubbe. Both them were angered. "You cannot continue to fight in England without Hvitserk and me." Ivar just smiled.

"I think, that you will find that more of our warriors and shieldmaidens wanted to fight with me than go farm with you two...right...right?"

"Then Hvitserk and I will go back Kattegat tomorrow with our forces."

"If that is your decision...I have what I need here." Ivar looked at Kai and then back at his brothers. Ubbe and Hvitserk started to walk around. Ubbe turned back around.

"Our father, our father would have hated you for sundering and splitting his family."

"I don't think so." Ivar looked at Kai again, and this time he kissed her. She kissed back and then Ivar pulled away. "You will be the leader with me."

"Can Ivar the Boneless handle leading the Great Army with a woman at his side?"

"As long as it is you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look at you." Ivar called to his brothers as they boarded a boat. Ivar sat on a rock while Kai sat on her horse that stood beside him as many of the warriors stood behind them. "Trying to sneak away to avoid your shame. Surely you must be embarrassed that no one else is with you. And why is that? I can't understand it can you? Ubbe! Nobody is with you. Everyone is with me." They watched as Hvitserk jumped off the boat. Ivar smiled. "Hvitserk." The brother stood by Ivar's side as they watched Ubbe sail away. "You see, everyone is with me."