Chapter 11

Cywren placed her hands on her face as she slid down the walls of the cave. Why her? Why did she have to leave Vault 101? Why did she kill the guards that wanted to capture her? Why did she have to have the "gift" of having a voice for a friend?

Why did she give him up?

Memories of the laughs they had together flowed through her mind as she silently cried by the Vault enterance. When Venturian failed hacking so much that it was embarrassing, when Venturian talked strange when she was in the sewers fighting molerats, when he welcomed her to the wastelands.

Then there was Vahl, the great warrior that traveled over 50,000 years in time to see her friend's descendant. One of the best friends Cywren had ever loved. She now broke that beautiful friendship with her harsh reaction to Timebomb's death and that life shattering punch.

Who was she to punch the time travelling warrior? Who was she to destroy everything she loved in the wastelands?

"My name is Cywren," she said to herself as she sobbed into her hands. "I am a nineteen year old girl. My dad escaped Vault 101 and I followed him. I have ended countless lives with weapons I thought I'd never hold in my hands. I am a murderer. I lost the two friends that cared for me most when I needed them. I... I love reading books... and... and... I hate myself!"

A sudden idea struck her mind. One that frightened and comforted her at the same time. She pulled her Jayhawk pistol from her holster and emptied the weapon of all but one bullet. She examined the pistol and remembered all the blood she spilled in combat with it. She pointed the pistol to her head and a loud crack made Cywren vanish.