Run-Away Girl

"Ahh~! What a lovely day it is today." I called as I stretched. "Too bad it's going to rain soon" I mumbled to myself not that anyone was around to hear it. I had spent last night in the woods and it was actually nice. It had been a warm clear night and fell asleep under the stars although I got the feeling I was being watched a little bit. But being me, I didn't mind.
I had been traveling the countryside for about 3 years now after I ran away from my father and the arranged marriage I was being forced into. You see, my dad's the boss of many great companies around Japan and he tends to put work before his family and it only got worse after mom died. Ugh, how I hated him.
I decided to go to the town close by to find a place to stay for the night and found myself lost and in the entrance of a giant house.
"Hello~? Is anyone there?" I called but I didn't get a reply so I had a look around outside and found a wonderful garden and a woman was crouched down in it.
"H-hello?" I called and the woman looked up from doing what she was doing. she was really pretty and young. "Oh, Hello. Can I help you?" The woman asked and stood up and walked my way. I was a bit nervous for some reason. "O-oh, Um ... I-I'm Ayano Masaomi, I just happened to come across this place. U-um, do you know where the next town is?" I asked just as she reached me. "well, the next town is about an hours walk from here. Why? You aren't thinking of walking there now are you?" She asked and I just sweatdropped. "well, that was the idea. I need to get there before it starts raining. I need to sleep somewhere now don't I?" I giggled at my fail of a joke. She didn't seem to like it either. "rain? It's meant to be sunny all day today?" She said. "Yeah, I hear that but I can smell dampness in the air." I replied and turned around to leave. "Thanks anyway, for telling me the way." I had started walking away but was stopped by the lady. "Wait. If it's going to rain soon then you could stay here for a while till it stops?" She offered with a smile, making me blush. no one has ever been this nice to me before, ever since I left. ""O-Okay. thanks."I said with a smile.
"I'm Hana by the way." She introduced herself and held out her hand for me to shake.
~Hours after rain had started~
"Wow, It's really pouring down. I'm gald you live here or I would have been caught up in it. I was thinking of going for a walk today but I guess being inside is good." Hana Mumbled a little so i was just able to hear her as she stared outside at the rain. "I wonder if he's warm" She mumbled again.
"-sigh- Sorry Hana but I think I'll have to get going soon. It doesn't look like the rain is going to give in any time soon and I need to find a place to stay." I said and picked up my belongings. She suddenly turned to me and her face was washed with concern. "No, I can't let you walk in the rain. You can stay here as long as you need. Free" It took me by surprise at what she said and I couldn't be more happy. "Seriously? Thank you, thank you, thank you. But I can't stay without paying you in some way. I'll do the house work for you." I bribed and after a few more bribes, we came to an agreement. I cook and clean every second day and help with the garden any time.
At around 7-8, the rain had started to calm down an a around 9 when we both decided to go to bed it stopped. ""Hana, I've finished in the bath now. thanks for letting me have it first." I thanked her and started to dry off my hair and sat down close to the doorway and looked outside.
"It's okay. There's tea on the stove if you want some." She said and got up from the table and walked towards the bathroom and shut the door. I got up and poured me a cup of tea when she was gone and then went back to my spot close to the door and just started out at the rain. I've always loved the rain. I don't know why but it just soothes me. my mother loved the rain as well. She use to tell me that it was just the sky and earths way of communicating and she always told me stories of them both.
I was too dazed in my memories of mom that I didn't notice the wolf that stood a few feet away from the door step till a gush of wind blew the wind charm and rung. As soon as I saw the wolf I froze. I felt like I wanted to scream but at the same time I had a feeling of safety run threw me. It's Grey and Blue fur glistened in the rain and swished as if it wasn't wet and it's brown eyes almost seemed human.

I slowly stood and took a few steps out the door and hesitated to step any further but before I could take another step, he was gone.
I never saw a Wolf before and was pretty sure that wolves didn't exist in Japan anymore but I knew he was there and real.
I wasn't seeing things. I stood on the porch frozen in my spot and staring in the direction the wolf had ran, hoping he would come back but he didn't.
I was brought out of my daze when Hana placed a hand on my shoulder. "Ayano? What's the matter?" she asked, making me jump a little.
"Oh, Hana. Sorry, nothing's wrong. I think I'm gonna go to bed now. Good night." I said and quickly turned and went to the room Hana was letting me stay in. By the looks of it, it was her kids room. It had two desks and bags and all the other teenage things a girl should have in one side of the room and the other was quite bare. Only a few pieces of paper and posters of the landscape were on it. Not much I know but for some reason I felt like I had been here before. I'm not sure why ... I've been having this feeling all day since I got here.
Anyway, I had set the futon out on the ground and lay in it and thought about the wolf. I knew I had seen seen the exact same wolf before but I'm not sure where.
I continued to think about the wolf till I fell into a deep sleep.