Chapter 3

So that night I took to the sky letting my instinct take me wherever I want. I am taken to where it all began the spot where my transformation was gifted to me. I think why I would ever come here to the very place that made me separate from the others. I am answered by a familiar voice. The voice of my father. My mind floods with questions I have been waiting to ask but they are silenced by the single thought that his voice is different not that booming voice filled with power and authority but one of a weak follower.

“So you’ve been changed to”? I asked

“Yes my son. The change has taken us and diminished our power we are nothing more than prey. That change is you.” He replies

It takes a while to let it all sink in. I have taken my tribes power and left them weak while I feed off their power resulting in my ignorance. All these weeks I haven’t spoken to mom I haven’t spent time with Jenna I haven’t hung out with Kevin or done my project with Isabelle. I have been shut in my own world. I am furious at my dad for giving me this power for making me leader for putting me at distance with those I love. I control my anger but it is just about to bubble over until I hear that my power is needed for good use. My dad suddenly sounds authoritive in telling me what to do, something isn’t right. I go along as planned. There is an ancient monster lurking in my home town and it’s up to me to destroy the monster and get rid of my town where it’s nesting.

“Dad, you will evacuate the town right”? I suddenly ask.

“Why of course. So you will do it correct” he asks me

“Yes” I say