3. Damn Stupid Car!

I was so behind schedule... it wasn't even funny, I would have to sped the rest of my way there to reach the pack in the designated time frame.

This was just great! This is how I would make my first impression, being late and looking like complete trash.

After my shower last night I stayed awake, thinking that I wouldn't get any sleep, and I was okay with that. I would happily sit in the armchair in the corner of the room all night, it was the cleanest thing in this room. I did not want to touch that bed, even if my choices were sleeping in that bed or death.

I would gladly choose death.

I leapt out of the chair and ran into the bathroom. I didn't bother brushing my golden blonde hair, I just threw it up into a high ponytail as I washed all of the knots out of it last night in the shower.

Deep purple bags were starting to form underneath my sea green eyes. I needed to get more sleep, but I always felt on edge at the packs I stayed with, sleep was a luxury for when I felt safe.

My Black t-shirt was hanging loosely off my sides, I was loosing weight, or wearing it too much that it was stretching out. Yes that is what it is, I am wearing it too much.

I threw it off my body and settled on a small but flowing burgundy red tank top pairing it with just a black pair of skinny jeans. Maybe I wouldn't look like complete trash after all.

Still in a rush I threw everything I brought in here into the bag and ran out, I may only be just a few hours behind schedule but it was a few hours that I didn't have if I wanted to meet my time frames. I had time to make it up, but this just wasn't how I wanted my first meeting with a new Alpha to go.

I wanted to make a good impression on every Alpha I met, not just because I knew there was a chance that each one could be my future Alpha. I hoped that one would be my mate.

I know it is vain, but as a daughter of a beta there is a chance I could be with one, a very high chance...

I know I shouldn't hope for it, I should be happy with anyone I end up with, even if they are the weakest wolf in the pack. I just can't help what I want, even if it is wrong of me.

I walked, well no I ran into the room where I got the keys from last night, a little to fast if I am being honest with myself. I almost gave the old man a heart attack as it looked as though I just appeared in front of him out of thin air.

"How much?" I asked, as he looked at me dumbstruck. "How much for the night?" I asked again, getting a little annoyed this was wasting precious seconds that I do not have.

"Um... for one night it is." He placed a finger in the air while he rummaged through some papers. I wanted to snap that finger. I almost growled in anger, stopping myself just in time. I can't let any human know our secrets.

"Ahh it'll be..." He got out a calculator when I snapped. I threw one hundred dollars on the bench that separated us with the keys on top.

"Just keep it all." I spoke as I stormed out.

I looked at the map one last time before I put the keys into ignition, memorising the way so I could just spend along all of the back roads. Hopefully being able to make up lost time.

I was starting to shake a little in anger, I have always had issues with my temper, but I got away with it because I always shifted, or I was trying to make a plan to manipulate someone to take my mind off it.

I didn't have that luxury now, most packs wouldn't let me wonder off, or even shift. I had to follow there rules when I was on there land, any mistake would get me kicked out, or worse killed.