Prologue

The sunset was beautiful. The bright oranges clashing with the pastel purples and blues, radiating tranquillity. Only a few, faint stars and a faded moon could be seen, breaking through the loud colors. A soft breeze engulfed the vicinity, causing the grass and fallen leaves to erupt into an unknown dance upon the ground.The sun lowered until it could no longer be seen. The sky grew dark and the stars illuminated the night. The cresent moon hung gorgeously amongst the twinkling lights. I let the breeze wash over me as light tears crept down my cheeks in a steady flow.

     Laying back on the top of the fractured stone, I looked out before me. The view was the best at the top of the stone steps that lay engraved into the ground. I wait for the hours to crawl by until midnight. This far up I could see the dense forest that stood to each side of the clearing, closing the area off. There was once a building that blocked my view of the left side of the forest but I was told the building burnt down a few years back. The bottom of the cracked staircase led down the hill and into the forest.

     Minutes passed slowly, only making me weep more as realization set in. This moment, with the serene sunset passing and the stars coming to greet me will be forgotten. Everything from family and friends, everything except myself will be gone. Few past memories remain kept before the light in my mind begin to fade, lost in the darkness that I will never be able to find my way through.

     I looked down at my watch that sat clipped on my wrist; 11:48 pm. Twelve minutes left. The burning tears clawed their way out not giving me a chance to hold them back. The clouds of melancholy flooded my mind in a raging storm. I searched through the darkness to find the few items I brought with me a pen and paper. 11:57 pm. I could feel the trembling arise from my core, erupt through my skin, and travel through my hands. A shortness of breath coursed through me, leaving me gasping. But the air only seemed to be toxic because as quickly as I could get it through my lungs, is as quickly as it left. Dizziness began to settle in between the dark spots of waning memories. A numbing pain started up from my spine and into my head, making me drousy.

     Steadily my eyes drooped down. Waiting the last few seconds seemed to take the longest. Gradually forgetting everything, memories taking their time to fade until all at once the blackness of the night grew darker and it vanished within a fraction of time. Unconsciousness froze me to the ground in my time and place. The stone stairs, underneath the moon, cracked just a bit more.

12:01 am.

   Dear forgotten memories,
Remind me to not forget this time.

Sincerely, Adonis Wren.

Welcome to amnesia boy, maybe I'll actually update a complete it lmao.
Enjoy :)