22 || again.

eunha took a deep breath. the weather had grown cold, wearing one or two layers was like asking for a death wish. she slipped on her boots and carried her folders and her bag. she stepped out of her silent apartment, locking the door as she left.

she had moved months ago, not only to get away from her past memories but also to get closer to her new university. it was her third semester of her first year, and during the past few semesters she had shut herself away from everyone.

she had group chats on silent, and checked in on the messages after a couple weeks. she could've easily left the groups or deleted the app as a whole, but she would feel bad if she did.

she pressed the elevator button and pressed 'G'. she was silent and monotone, it was like her life played in a black and white styled movie. dramatic, yet boring at times. she stepped out of the elevator after the doors slid open, and then left her apartment building.

her new place was rather busy, it was next door to a very busy town where several teenagers went to mingle with each other. she stopped at a nearby coffee shop to quickly buy an ice latte. it reminded her of when she used to work as a barista, she loved the aroma of the drink.

"hi, may i have an ice latte- mark?"

she recognized the barista. mark lee?

"eunha?" he replied. "holy shit, it is you!"

suddenly a voice from behind the queue yelled, "hurry up please! stop wasting time, dammit!"

mark quickly made her order and while giving her drink, he mouthed let's talk in a bit.

eunha sat down at a table, and watched as the line slowly get shorter. she always left early to get to her classes early, sometimes two hours early. she enjoyed the silence. she was the one who prepared the class at times, mostly out of boredom.

while she was staring at her coffee drink, mark sat down at the same table as her.

"damn, it really has been a while."

she simply smiled. "huh, time went by too quick."

"so, what's up? you left the guys really suddenly, they spent a whole week complaining to me."

"i left the school right after my graduation because i needed to come here, for university."

"why'd you cut off communication?"

"solely because i didn't want to be distracted. again."

he raised an eyebrow. "what do you mean by, 'again'?"

"long story, but for short, emotions can get in the way."

he nodded. "i see."

"what about you? why're you here?"

"changed universities, the school wanted me to move to a more prestigious music school."

"damn, mark lee is a music prodigy!" she joked.

he chuckled, somewhat embarrassed. "yeah, okay no need to over exaggerate. anyways, i need to go back to work, i'll get yelled at again."

eunha packed up her stuff. "alright, bye mark! see you some other time!"

she waved at him before leaving the café. as she was walking, snowflakes began falling. it had been a year since she had last seen them, a year since she saw the town she used to live in.

the snow began building up layers slowly, covering up the ground entirely. her physical state showed she was walking, but her mental state showed she wasn't focusing at all.