The Birth of a Phoenix

Chapter 1

BNHA fanfiction

Hi! I’m Hope_Beyond_Anchors 1342 but just call me Anchor please. I do not own BNHA but I do own our cinnabon Izuku’s quirk. Or at least I’ll try my best 0-0(sweating nervously in a corner)0-0

Anyways, this is a Fem!Izuku story, she also has a healing quirk which doesn't help her fight villains according to most people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  “True power is living the realization that you are your own healer, hero, and leader.”

-Yung Pueblo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midoriya Izuku just knew the universe gave her life to make her suffer, the suffering coming in the results for her quirk examination. “You should just give it up.” A balding doctor said, Izuku let out a shocked “Ack!” while keeping her hopeful smile plastered on her face. Her mother, Midoriya Inko, sucked in a breath and gently prodded the doctor as to why Izuku had to give up her hero dream. “Well tell me what your’s and her father’s quirk is.” Inko swallowed and responded by saying, “Well I can draw small objects towards me and he father's can breath fire.” The doctor nodded, “Yes, we tested for both of those quirks first but they came back negative, then we compared young Izuku’s DNA to a quirk spectrem and none corresponded with her. Finally we took an X-ray of her foot and found that she still has both of her pinkie toe joints.” The doctor took a breath, “All of these results tell us that your daughter, unfortunately does not have a quirk and will never gain one in the future.”

Inko already had fat tears rolling down her cheeks as she looked at the trembling form of her normally lively child. Izuku had turn deaf halfway through the doctor’s explanation, just staring at her All Might action figure. Not even his confident smile could make her believe everything was going to be okay.

The young girl didn’t notice as her mother guided her to the car and started driving them home to their small apartment. Inko kept glancing at her child every few seconds in worry, it didn’t take long for the mother daughter duo to reach home. Inko gently sat Izuku in front of the computer and turned on her daughter's favorite meal, Katsudon, and played the old All Might video, hoping that his voice would comfort her. But the 4 year old stared uncomprehendingly at the grainy footage, Inko turned her eyes downcast and made her way to leave.

She had just touched the doorknob when her ears pricked at a shaky voice saying,

“M-Mama,” Mother met daughter's gaze and Inko could physically feel her heart folding in on itself and her throat clogged up. “C-Can I be a h-hero too? Like All Might? N-Ne Mama?” Izuku turned her chair sideways, a pointed finger unable to stay steady, her sparkly eyes filled with unshed tears. Inko choked at the sob that escaped her throat and stumbled to where her daughter sat; she rubbed her cheek against the small child’s and sobbed out all the apologies she had inside, even though she knew it would never be enough. Izuku’s own tears came down in gobs, pulling in a bated breath Izuku broke down with her mother in the dark room.

'No.. Mama, that’s not what I wanted you to say…’

#2 months later #

“Stop it! That’s mean Kacchan! He’s crying!” A group of four year olds stood in an awkward circle, the only girl in the group of 5 shouted. She herself had a couple of tears in her eyes and was shaking badly as she stood in front of the injured boy.