Chapter 2

Pineleaf watched her brother hurry into the warriors den. All the cats stared at her, "Do you know where he was?" Gooseflight asked her, "No!" Pineleaf said quickly. She slowly walked in after Newtskip, who was sulking in the corner of the den. " Ignore them. "  Newtskip didn't respond. Suddenly, Ruststripe dashed in, panic in his eyes, "Don't!" he yelled frantically. " 'Don't' what? " Pineleaf asked, "The thorn..." the medicine cat shook as he spoke, then yelled: " Don't! " Pineleaf shivered, Has he completely lost his mind?! Can't he speak normally?! Mosspelt dashed in after her mentor, telling him to calm down, and that he was getting frantic over nothing. Ruststripe just stared at her, "Don't..." he told his apprentice ominously. He's really starting to creep me out. Mosspelt led her mentor out of the den, apologizing to Newtskip and Pineleaf for his behavior. Is our medicine cat going mouse-brained?!

Pineleaf slept soundly that night, yet still feeling the absence of Newtskip when he went off to see Icefrost and her new kits. She dreamed of Ruststripe. His eyes were droopy with loss of sleep, and his fur was messy. "Do...not..." He chuckled, Pineleaf knew she was dreaming, and neither StarClan, nor the Black Void was controlling this dream. It was at random, connected to her thoughts. He's going crazy! "Do...not..." Ruststripe chuckled again, his claws became unsheathed, clawing at the grass below. "Do-" Pineleaf cut him off, "What do you mean?! Speak normally!" Ruststripe didn't respond, his left eye twitched. Then everything faded out.

 Pineleaf awoke with a jolt, shivering at the dream. Or, was it a nightmare? In between. She thought. But there has to be a reason why Ruststripe is acting this way. Does it have to do with the prophecy? Or the vision? Or both?