Chapter 5

Chapter Five:Friday April 13th- Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney Australia.

Niall’s POV:

 The door squeaked as it slowly opened. Niall started to shush whoever was behind the door in case the squeaky door woke up Liam, before remembering he was unconscious. 

“Hey Lou” Harry said “Who’s this?”

Louis had walked through the door, followed by a shy girl, about his age, that didn’t none of the boys recognised.

“Guys this is Rylee. I’m not sure if you noticed, but she was the girl who ran through the crowd after Liam was…hurt” Louis explained. This caught Niall’s attention, and made him look up at the girl, straight in the eyes. She had big green eyes that caused him to recognise the girl. Niall couldn’t shift his eyes away from hers, and started feeling awkward, so he qucikly turned his head back towards Liam.

“Yes, I remember you” Zayn said.

“Me too, how are you babe? “ Harry agreed, as he stood up and walked towards Rylee, giving her a hug.

“I could be better.” Rylee answered nervously. 

“I think we all could be a lot better” Zayn said, patting Niall’s shoulder. There was a long silence. Niall didn’t like the silence, it gave him a chance to think, and he didn’t want to think.

“So can we find out what’s wrong with him?” He asked the doctor. The doctor walked closer to them now, his shoes dragging along the lino floors.

“Yes, so basically, Liam fell, and hit his head quite badly on the stage which caused him to have the seizure. You informed me that the patient has no history with seizures, is that correct?” Asked the doctor.

“Yes that’s right” Harry answered.

“Okay. Well after the seizure, Liam went into a coma. I’m not sure why, so I can’t tell you exactly when he will awake. Liam will have to stay in here for a few days, or until he decides to wake up.” All the new information started to sink in. They all knew comas were serious.

“So all we can do is wait, is that right?” It was Louis who spoke up this time.

“I’m afraid so.” And with that, the doctor left the room. Niall continued to hold Liam’s hand, and watch him sleep. He wasn’t going to leave until he woke up.

Rylee’s POV:

 All the boys pulled up chairs and sat around Liam’s bed. Niall never looked away from Liam once. 

“Come and sit down babe” Louis said to Rylee as he patted the seat next to him, signalling her to sit down. Although Rylee just stood there, looking at Liam. She hadn’t moved far from the doorway since she walked in. 

Liam’s in a coma.” She thought. “This is bad, very bad.

“Babe? Are you okay?” Louis asked as concern crossed his face. “You look really pale. Come and sit down.” All the boys were watching her, except Niall, who was still watching Liam.

“Liam’s in a coma.” Rylee finally said.

“Yes, that’s right” Zayn said rather slowly.

“This is bad.” The boys were starting to freak out now, because Rylee’s face was going as white as snow.

“Shh, we know, keep it down love; we don’t want to upset…” Harry started saying, but Rylee cut him off.

“No, like really bad. Liam only has one kidney right?” She didn’t wait for an answer. “Well being in a coma puts more stress on the kidneys, and it’s even worse if you only have one because it’s more likely to…” Rylee stopped talking when she saw Niall turn away from Liam and look at her.

"More likely to what?" Niall asked, his eyes begging her to go on. Rylee only shook her head. “How do you know this?” He asked, his eyebrows lightly knitting together.

“I know because…” She was talking slowly now. She started feeling dizzy and her eyesight started to blur. “I know because, I only have…” Rylee collapsed before she could finish her sentence.

“Shit” Zayn cursed as all of the boys ran over to help her.

Niall’s POV

“So she just fainted?” The doctor questioned the boys.

“Yeah, we saw her going pale, and tried to sit her down, but she was talking and seemed really distracted, it all happened really fast” Explained Harry. At that moment, Rylee awoke.

“What… what happened?” She asked, confused.

“You fainted love. Are you feeling alright?” Louis asked. Niall watched Rylee in the chair opposite Liam’s bed, with the boys and the doctor surrounding her. As much as he wanted to focus all his attention on Liam, when Rylee was in the picture, he couldn’t. It was her eyes. They seemed to sparkle at him. Rylee managed a small smile when she realised what happened, and butterflies darted through Niall’s stomach. Not bad butterflies though, they were the type of butterflies that made Niall want to walk over to Rylee and find out everything about her. But he couldn’t, he had to stay and support Liam.

“Oh, yeah I feel fine now; I just haven’t eaten in ages. I guess that’s why I fainted.” Rylee answered. Then her eyes caught sight of Liam lying unconscious on the hospital bed, and then to Niall, who was looking at her. 

“Oh great! I’m quite hungry myself. How about me and the boys go and get some Nando’s?” Louis asked, suddenly in a perky mood. Everyone thought this was a great idea, except Niall.

“I might stay here boys, keep Liam company.” And Rylee.

“Okay, we won’t be long!” Harry called as he, Louis and Zayn exited the room.

“And then there were three.” Said Rylee, sitting back in her chair. Niall looked over at her and gave her an unenthusiastic smile. She smiled back. More butterflies appered in Niall's stomach.