Chapter One:

I hear an obnoxious beep in the background. My eyelids feel heevy and I hesitate to open my eyes. My hand blindly feels around for the off switch, finally reaching it and letting silence rain again. My eyes slowly open but any hope of them staying open is swaped away by the blinding light invading my room. I groan and turn away from the light, trying to return to that meaningless dream I was having about a flower and the smell of rain.
I hear Yuzuka's River Flows In You fill the air.
I pear one eye open to see who would be calling at this time. The brightness of my phone screen momentarally blinds me before my eyes ajust and I see my best friend's name flash on the screen.
I press answer and slowly bring the phone to my ear while trying to rub the sleep off my eyes.

"...Yeah?" I sleeply ask.
"GET UP, YOU LAZY ASS!!!!"
"AHH!!"

I fall on the floor.

"Ugh..." I groan, rubbing my head where the impact was taken. I slowly sit up and bring the phone back to my ear.

"Hi for you too..." I say unhumorously.
"Good morning sunshine!!" I hear the cheerfull reply.
"Yeah Morning..." I say still groaning in pain as I get back on the bed to have a more comfortable place to sit.
"Huh-huh. You do know it's already three right?" I frown.
"What are you talking about, it's only—"

3:03

"AHH!!" back on the floor.

I quickly get up and bring my phone back up as I run around my room like a headless chicken.

"I am sooo sorry, I can't believe I over slept!! I turned off the alarm and then went back to sleep, Ugh!!!" I groan into the phone.
"Hey, no biggie. As long as I get a treat at Starbucks later." I can praticly hear the smirk on the other end of the line.

I gape.

"You are unbelievable." I say more as statement than an insult.
"I know." another smirk.

I roll my eyes.

"Sooo Starbucks in half an hour?" I smile.
"Sure. Meet you at the hospital." I say with a chuckle.
"And don't keep me waiting~"

I hang up with a sigh.

Well, I guess I better hurry up.

I decide to keep it simple and throw on some dark jeans, black hoodie and some black army boots.
I look at my self in the mirror.
My skin looks as pale as ever but there are slightly showing dark circles under my emerald green eyes.
I don't even bother trying to mask my bed hair and just run a hand through the dark brown locks before grabbing my jacket and running out the door.

The cold air hits me and I shiver slightly before adapting and making my way to the hospital.

Oh, I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Yui Seto, I'm 16 years old and living in Tokyo.
I'm not really a people person or rather I really see much point in talking to people.

My favourite song starts to play and I pull out my phone that shows my best friend's name on the screen.

I smile.

Well, most people.

I pick up and hold up my phone next to my ear.

"Yeah, what now, brat?" I say as a joke already familiar between us.
"Still trying to get up, lazy butt?" I hear a familiar response.
"Nope. On my way. Be there in five." I respond while passing a crossway.
"Well, hurry up, sleep face, I'm starving!" I chuckle at the whinning from the other line.
"Alright, alright, I'm going."
"HURRY!! I feel my energy draining!" I roll my eyes at the fake chocking sounds, the smile never leaving my face as I hang up.

That's my best friend, Tomomi.
We've known each other for four years now and friends ever since.
She used to be part of the track team at our school.
She kind of endangered her social status by being friends with me.
Not that that ever stopped her.
In the end, the only one that stayed with her was me.
That's because...

"Heeeeeey!!" I turn in the direction of that careless salute.

There stood my best friend, Tomomi.
Her light brown hair tied up in it's signature ponytail, soft brown eyes shinning with laughter.
She was waving her arm wildly, completly oblivious to the look she was getting for the way she was jumping to her maximum ability in her wheel-chair.

Yup, now you know.
She got into an accident a few  months before the end of the season.
The doctors told her she could never walk again, much less run.
It's been tough on her, expecially after all her friends abandoned her after the accident.
I was the only one that stood by her side.
She doesn't show it but she's been having a tough time dealing with the fact that she can never run again.
Even though it's already been two years.

I slowly wave back at her, looking at both sides and waiting for the light to turn green before starting to cross the street.

I only have time to hear a loud screeching sound before a bright light blinds me and the world goes black, a faint sound of someone yelling my name being my last reminder before I lose consciousness.