The Puppet

In a circus, there was a puppet show each day. It would perform a grand total of 10 times each of those days, Monday through Sunday. This show was the biggest hit in the circus, especially with the children. All of the puppets were happy as well, for they love to make the little kids happy. Yes, everything in Luminescence's Sherwood circus.

Though one summer day, the puppet that was dressed as a fool with the colors red and yellow splotched on him, got his strings tangled. All of the kids laughed and laughed, but the puppet didn't. Instead of the happiness he feels when the little kids usually laughed, he felt sad. The little puppet started crying, Yet none of the kids seemed to care. The puppeteer, who was also a fool splotched in the colors opposite of the puppet, which is green and blue, had to go and untangle him. Though the show went on as normal, though now with a tear stained puppet. 

After the circus was closed, the puppet was still crying. He couldn't stop the tears from falling down and painting his face with invisible lines. The puppeteer knew this and picked up the puppet, rocking him "Master Zachary... why did the kids laugh at me? Why did they not car? Couldn't they see me crying?" the puppet whimpered. The puppeteer only gave his puppet the truth, " well my dear little Louis... It is because of two things. One is that they do not understand you like i do. They only see you as a wooden puppet, nothing more nor less. The other reason is because you are a fool like me. Those are the two things that everyone denies a personality to." "Yet master Zachary... we are living and breathing and loving just like them. Why do they do this?" "Louis... that is enough questions for today. It's getting far too late. How 'bout I read you your favorite story and we can forget all this. Besides, you shouldn't let things like this bother you too much. You have me and the other puppets to keep good care of you. So keep your head up and smile. You always had the best and brightest smile." Zachary told as he started tucking Louis to bed. Louis nodded and drifted off to sleep. With a soft, gentle smile, the puppeteer kissed his puppet goodnight.