{The Boy}

After my shift, at around ten-thirty, I went back to Lily's house, meeting her and Taylor there

After my shift, at around ten-thirty, I went back to Lily's house, meeting her and Taylor there. Jonathan wasn't there. Taylor and Lily apparently had decided to have a sleepover. They were sitting on the bed, talking about girl stuff when I came in, throwing the empty purse at them. My phone and wallet were in my hand, which I then placed on Lily's dresser.

"Oh, hi Charlie!" Taylor smiled. My heels clicked on the floor as I crossed to Lily's bed.

"You guys are so lucky your mom didn't see me. You would be dead." I grunted, struggling to pull off the heels which had made my feet ache like crazy by now. I looked up once they were off, not bothering to try and remove any of the other girly clothes.

Secretly, I think I liked wearing these. I decided to keep them on a bit longer, I felt pretty in them.

"So? What was up with that guy?" Taylor asked, visibly excited. She leaned forward, and I immediately began to blush, remembering what had happened. I could feel my breath catch in my throat again as I envisioned myself being held by this boy, his arm around my waist, his lips brushing my ear. I put my hand to my ear and touched it softly, my cheeks red. I revisited the memory, remembering preparing myself for the worst—for him to lean in and kiss me. But that was stupid. We had just met.

"Um.." I mumbled, balling up my skirt in my fists.

"We saw you two by the bathroom." Lily said, smirking. I blushed. "You were so close, I thought you were going to make out for a second there."

"Oh my god, Charlie, you okay? Your face is bright red." Taylor laughed. I looked at my hands, and mumbled quietly something I was realizing. All these feelings were coming together to make sense now as I sat, in girl's clothes, on my best female friend's bed.

"I think..." I took a deep breath, and met the girls' eyes. "I think I like him." I whispered. Lily and Taylor broke into giggles.

"Awwww! You're so cute!" Taylor squealed.

"You should go out with him." Lily said excitedly, and Taylor nodded him.

"Did you get his number?" Taylor asked. Then I remembered.

"Yes, actually!" I said, breaking into a smile. I was so happy that my friends supported me. If I really am gay, at least I've got the people closest to me to accept me for it. I took the purse back, pulling out the slip of paper. I read the number aloud.

"Well what are you waiting for?" Lily said, snatching my phone from the dresser. "Text him!" She extended her hand, and I took the phone, smiling. I opened up my text messages and typed in this boy's number. Lily and Taylor hovered over my shoulders.

"What should I say?" I asked.

"Just start the conversation normally!" Taylor said. I began to type.

Me
Hey
10:41 PM

Unknown
Hello, who is this?
10:43 PM

I smiled as my phone vibrated, seeing his text go through. I could feel the girls breathing over my shoulders, but I didn't care. They helped me, advising me what to say to this boy as I attempted to flirt.

Me
it's Charlie, your waitress
10:43 PM

Writing "waitress" was weird. I guess I was just going to have to refer to myself as a she when talking to this boy now. After all, he definitely only took interest to me as a girl, he had no clue I was really a boy.

Unknown
Oh, Charlie! What's up girl?
10:44 PM

Lily and Taylor giggled as I blushed.

Me
Nothing much. Just bored.
10:45 PM

Hey, I never got your name?
10:45 PM

Unknown
It's Daniel.
10:45 PM

"Ooh, that's a hot name." Taylor teased, and I giggled. I edited his contact info, entering his name as Daniel.

Daniel
So, I was thinking about you all day today
10:47 PM

I was so excited at this. He was thinking about me! I about to say "me too!" but Lily stopped me. She said I wasn't going to get him like that.

Me
oh really?
10:47 PM

Daniel
Yeah. Couldn't get you out
of my head.
10:47 PM

Anyways, I was wondering. I said I wanted to get to know you, how about we grab lunch tomorrow?
10:48 PM

Me
Are you asking me out?
10:48 PM

Daniel
Yeah, why wouldn't I?
10:48 PM

So are you free @12:15 tom?
10:49 PM

Me
yeah
10:49 PM

Daniel
Great! It's a date. See you
tomorrow, beautiful.
10:49 PM

I turned my phone off.
"Oh my god." I was speechless. He asked me out! He called me beautiful!

Taylor squealed behind me, and high-fived Lily.

"See? We did a great job of turning you into a girl. So good, we got you a date!" Lily laughed. I smiled, and hugged them.

"Thank you." I whispered, my cheeks pink. They beamed, and Taylor hugged me shortly.

"Ooh!" She said. "We have to teach you how to act like a girl if you really want him to be your boyfriend."

"B-boyfriend?" I stammered. "I n-never said he was gonna be my boyf-friend... just a date!" My face went red again. Lily laughed.

"Don't hide it, Charlie." She smirked. "Anyways, why don't you sleep here tonight? We'll teach you all the girl stuff you need to know for your big day tomorrow." She offered, pushing her long, brown hair out of her face.

I thought for a moment, knowing this meant a girls night, which may consist of me trying on more of Lily's outfits—and possibly a few dresses! That gave me an excited feeling. I didn't hide it anymore.

"Okay," I broke into a smile.