Chapter 2

The next morning when Lauren woke up, she was exhausted. She had barely gotten any sleep. Mainly because her mind was racing from the events of last night, but partly because Christian, Nick, and Joey, her little brothers, were running around outside her room screaming. She could hear Lisa's music blasting through her headphones from the bed over. She looked up to see her sister singing to herself as she did her nails. Typical Lisa.

"Lisa!" Lauren must've yelled loud enough for Lisa to hear her, even over her blasting earphones, as she jumped at the sound and took them out of her ears. She looked stunned, just staring at Lauren as if to say 'What is your problem?'. "Could you turn those down a bit? I was trying to sleep and you're being pretty loud over there." This wasn't really meant to sound rude, but it came out that way.

"Um... Lauren its one in the afternoon. Why are you still sleeping anyways?" Lisa asked. She stared back at Lauren waiting for a reply, but her little sister seemed to have completely zoned out. She looked as if she was staring into space. Lisa snapped her fingers quickly. "LAUREN!" Immediately Lauren's face shot back towards her sister's.

"W-what? I'm sorry, I... I must've zoned out for a little while." Lisa noticed she kept looking downwards. Her brows were furrowed as if she was thinking hard, but what about? What was Lauren not telling her? Lisa set down her ipod and headphones and walked over to join Lauren on her bed. She sat down and put a hand on Lauren's.

"Lauren? What's going on? What aren't you telling me?" Lauren had never seen Lisa so concerned about her. It was actually sort of comforting. Even so, she couldn't really tell Lisa what was going on. She knew how she would react, how everyone would, and she wasn't about to put herself through more pain than she was already feeling. Lauren took a deep breath and then finally spoke, still staring down at the floor.

"N-nothing... Why do you think something's wrong? I'm just tired. Really." She tried to give Lisa a reassuring nod, but her face said it all. She was lying through her teeth.

"Oh come on, you don't really think I'm that stupid do you? Laur... I heard you crying last night. You were just crying for no reason then? Try again." Lisa said. She was definitely not the type to give up on something like this. At this point Lauren had her head turned almost completely away from her sister's. She could feel tears forming in her big brown eyes.

"Yes, it really was nothing.," She finally lifted her head to make eye contact with her sister. "Look I don't really want to talk about this right now Lisa, okay?" Lauren let go of Lisa's hand and got up from the bed to walk towards the door. Before she reached it, Lisa jumped up from the bed and walked over to face her sister once more.

"Look, I know we don't get along sometimes, but if something was wrong, you would tell me? Right?" Lisa now looked incredibly worried. Lauren really did want to tell her, but she knew Lisa would only be more worried if she knew the truth. She nodded back.

"Mmhmm. Of course." With that, Lauren grabbed her jacket off the dresser and headed downstairs for lunch. Meanwhile Lisa went back to doing her nails, but she wasn't giving in that easily. Something was wrong with her little sister. She had a terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach, and she was going to find out what was going on.

As Lauren stepped into the kitchen, she was immediately greeted by Dani's camera in her face.

"Well good afternoon sleepyhead! Say hi to the camera!" Dani said with excitement. Unfortunately, this only annoyed Lauren further and she blew up.

"Dani! Get your stupid camera OUT of my face now!" She shoved the camera and her sister away with her hand. Dani now wore almost the exact same look on her face as Lisa had this morning.