my boyfriend, the mugger

namjoon's eyebrows dart up in hyper speed.
"you never told me you had a boyfriend..!" his voice cracks halfway through, causing him to reach for his throat, embarrassed.

"didn't think it was important." you toss a bullshit smile in and glance at jungkook, who's puckering his lips and poking his bunny-like cheeks mockingly.

you swivel to joon and lift up a finger "and before we forget again..." you pop a pen from your purse, leaning over namjoon as he stays seated. pulling back his sleeve, you, as neatly as pen on skin can go on, scribble down your phone number on his wrist. clicking the cap back on, you blow on the ink so it dries, and little goosebumps raise on his wrist and up his forearm. you check on him and he blushes with a fervent smile.
so freakin cute!!

the moment is interrupted with a whiny "baby, come sit next to me~" he pats the bench seat and your signature resting-bitch-face is surely on display. you take a few regretful steps and sit next to the bloody-faced boy.

namjoon is sitting across from you, making eye contact every once in a while, watching if jungkook will move his hand that he's got awkwardly placed on his thigh. "so where are you headed?"

words do not form for you though, all you can imagine saying is: just headed out to find my mugger, no biggie— found him though! yup. riiight here. my 'boyfriend!'

jungkook gives you a helpless glance, then looks back to namjoon. that smeared blood on his perfect nose looks completely stupid. "here" you firmly grab his jaw, lick your thumb, and start to rub under his nose. his eyes completely bug out of his head as he immediately pulls away, leaving your hands suspended in the air.

oh that's awkward.

oh. OH.

jungkook has pulled your hands back to his face again, giving a worried smile. "sorry," he spoke loud enough for joon to hear. "it just scared a little bit, since.. you smashed in my face.. or whatever.." your eyes locked with his before breaking it to look at your friend from two nights before. he smiled awkwardly in silence.

you dragged your fingers back to his face to wipe the crimson from his soft skin. you can't believe this is happening. this is insane. your face so close to your muggers', your hands literally touching his face. this is a nightmare.

namjoon clears his throat, just as da-won peeks through the door. "did you catch him?!" she squeals, bouncing back and forth on each foot.

"huh.?" all three of us say in unison.

"did you catch your mugger!?" she says, completely oblivious.

"n-no?" your voice shakes a little, unsure how you'll manage to cover this shit show up.

"seriously... two black peacoats and still no luck! at least you're both cute though." her voice chimes sweet and she nods kindly, acknowledging each man. she lets out a small feminine chuckle as you turn your body away from jungkook.

she takes a seat next to namjoon, sticking out her small hand. "da-won. nice to meet you. our greetings were interrupted before, im sorry." all eyes are on the stunning girl, watching her charming words and motions unravel around the car.

namjoon shakes her hand graciously and introduces himself, the beginning of their long talk on the short ride. jungkook and you sit in silence.

...

"well! this is my stop!" she stands up from the plastic bench and smooths her skirt down, namjoon filling up with the view of her long legs. lord; joon! be a little more discreet! you check to see jungkook taking in the view as well, but when you turn your head, his eyes are instantly met with yours and you take in a quick breath as your attention shoots right back to namjoon and da-won's goodbyes.

"bye y/n! we'll catch him next time. just call me!" she waves as she steps off the car, joon quickly hopping off with her. "i'm gonna walk her home. it was nice meeting you, jungkook. have a nice night." he smiled and gives a short bow from the cement platform as the doors shut.

"enough with the bull, gimme back my damn wallet." you sternly scrunch your face in anger.

"i tossed it." he shrugs.

"what?"

"i took the money and threw out the wallet."

"no.. no, no, no, no, no... no way."
you run your fingers through your hair, biting your lip and checking his face for any hint of a lie. "if you're trying to be funny right now, your sense of humor is pretty mordant."

"do you have a boyfriend? is that who it was?" he began flicking the side of his leg nervously as he watched your frustrated state.

"what? how could that make any sense? t-that.. no!" you stutter out of panic.

"it's my favorite diner, my favorite restaurant, for sure. i knew i had to meet you." he begins acting friendlier, but his eyes narrow.

"what the fuck? wanted to meet me?! you fucking FREAK— what the hell is wrong with you!?"
you yell at him, scaring him enough for him to relocate against the doors; prepared sprint away upon the first slither they open, but it's 10 minutes until the next stop. he's screwed.

"im sorry— i thought you'd be a really cool person, from your pictures." he peeps quietly from the corner.

"you steal and toss my wallet with my most precious memories in the trash and you thought.. 'hm! yeah! she'll definitely want to hang out— maybe go to the diner in the polaroid she kept in her wallet THAT I STOLE AND THEN THREW OUT!!??'" you shout at his cowering body until you flop onto the floor.

author notes
what is good my favorite sewer rats? i just finished my finals at school and like actually got a D+ on my spanish one babsndkdjs !!!

my next semester will be so difficult so i might not be able to post too often but
i will try my diddly darn best!

🤠 thanks for reading & vote if u want pls 🤠