Chapter One

Disclaimer: Naruto characters belong to Masashi Kishimoto, not me.

Read Carefully

"You can't be serious!"

"..."

"Why the heck do I have to share an apartment with this guy?!"

A teen, probably either sixteen or seventeen, with messy blond hair and somewhat of a tan, was the one yelling, currently cursing. Blue eyes were accentuated by a blue stone on a necklace around his neck; he wore a black shirt with red swirl designs and a grey, loose cloth vest over that; his pants were a darker grey and skinny jeans; red converse set the balance, laces dirty but still white. The blonde did not look happy with his apparent new flatmate.

The said new flatmate was also a teen of around the same age, but that was where the similarities in physical appearance stopped. The other boy had raven-black hair that looked to have been styled in the wee hours of the morning, and pale skin. He wore all black; tee, skinny jeans, bracelets, earrings, and sneakers. Contrary to the loud, in-your-face blond, he seemed a silent type; and based off the current look in his black eyes the type that would someday murder everyone he didn't like.

Beside the raven-haired teen stood the landlord of the situation. His hair was colored silver, although from what you could see of his face he obviously wasn't very old, and his visible eye (the other was covered by hair) was a dark mercury. He was probably only a few years older than the teens he was renting out to, based on the absence of wrinkles, but that judgement was difficult because the guy was also wearing a white doctor's mask thing. His clothes appeared to have been put on at random but somehow the look worked for the man. Plain dark green windbreaker, aquamarine tee that said "Too Sexy For You" in a paint splatter font, bright orange jeans, and shockingly white high-tops.

The flat in question was actually more of a section of a mansion being rented out. They all were outside the shut door leading to the cut off area, and the newcomer renter had all of his luggage around him. The colors were mainly black but here and there there was a spot of blue, red, or lavender.

The landlord looked thoughtfully between the two teens before he seemed to come to a decision about what to do.

"Naruto," he addressed the blonde casually, "your contract specifically states that since the flat is a double bedroom another person may come and rent as well as you. If you want to check," he paused to pull out a roll of paper inside his coat, "I have it right here." The man smiled with the purpose of irritation, and even though you could only tell he was smiling by the upside-down U eye it worked...

"What?! Let me see that!" Naruto ripped the paper out of his landlord's hands and began to quickly skim over it.

"Two different people may rent out this apartment house because it has two separate bedrooms and a legally large enough living space."

"How could I have missed that..." Naruto proceeded to pout, knowing he couldn't win this argument. "Kakashi..." he turned to the silver-haired landlord, "...can't he room with someone else or something?" The blonde turned on major puppy-dog eyes.

"No. Yours is the last with available space 'till at least next year. So, as I was saying before," Kakashi turned to point dramatically at the other teen, "this is Sasuke, your new flatmate."

A moment of silence passed awkwardly.

"Sasuke," Kakashi whispered and elbowed the raven, "that's your cue!"

"Hn," was the only response.

"Alright, alright, since I know you're so thrilled to meet each other, I'll let you two talk inside. Bye!"