Chapter 1

First came the screams from her mother. The pure agony from each wail sent several tears down Fredericks cheeks. She wanted to shout, and tell her mother it would be okay. But that would be lying. and she couldn't lie to her mother. A burning sensation began to hurt Fredericks wrist as she struggled against her handcuffs. Wincing in pain, she tried to kick the purple, fuzzy guard, but to no avail. She couldn't get free. The screams got louder as the guards got closer to her mom. They were on a purple space-ship looking thing, with aliens, different- like her- giving her pleading looks from each cell. Keeping her head down and her cries muffled, she continued walking, only halting when they reached a door.

"Haggar, we have Prisoner 4890." The guard to her left gruffly told someone in the room.

"Good, bring her to me." a scratchy, but female, voice ordered. Upon hearing her words, the two guards forcing her forward. After a second, she realized that the screaming had ceased. A purple hand roughly grabbed her chin and forced her to look up, and saw that a cloak was covering the woman's  eyes.

"Leave her with me. she'd want a front row seat to her mothers death, hmm?" she demanded, grabbing my ear, which was similar to the purple aliens. "Come here, and have a seat." the witch forcefully pushed her into a chair, crushing her wings as a chain clamped her wrists to the arms. She let out a cry of agony as the force of her wings being confined broke one of the bones, before being shushed by Haggar.

"thank you. Leave us be." She ordered, pointing to the door.

"Vrepit sa." the guards replied in unison, putting their right hand to the left side of their chest, before leaving. Haggar moved swiftly to her mothers side, glancing every so often at Frederick for a reaction. Confused as to why nothing was happening, Frederick glanced up. Big mistake. There lay her mother, barely gripping onto consciousness. Her long, fawn hair was knotted from thrashing around, her face paler than normal. her movement was slow and sluggish, and could not stop twitching.

"my fallen angel.." she managed to get out, before Haggar started to electrocute her again, her shrill screams echoing around the room.

"MOM! NO!" Frederick cried, her pain forgotten as she watched her moms life slowly die in front of her. "HAGGAR STOP! PLEASE DON'T!"

"She never really loved you. It was all an act. No one loves you. You're too different." Haggar spat those words. "If you joined us, you could have unimaginable power, my dear child."

More tears gathered at her eyes as she furiously shook her head, looking at her mother, who was mouthing for her to never give in. "You liar. You think I could believe that? you thought wrong." Frederick thrashed around in her chair, desperately trying to break out of the chains. Haggar tsked.

"that chair is anti-powered. you can't do anything in it." She replied in annoyance, as if Frederick should already know that. She began to electrocute her mother again, but this time, there was no response, just the lifeless body twitching. Haggar cackled as her mother began to smile.

"you are my sunshine... My only sunshine." she rasped, the childhood song that will forever be in her mind. "you make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. so please don't take my sunshine away." She had trouble getting it all out, and Frederick could see her life fading. That was her goodbye. her eyes stared lifelessly ahead, as if they were just glass, and her mouth relaxed once more. Silence ensued upon the room. First, all Frederick felt was grief. As sobs wracked her body, she grew angrier, her nails leaving claw marks on the arms of the chair. Hunched over in the corner, Haggar watched gleefully as Fredericks hands started glowing red. She didn't notice however, and only realized that the bars were off. She stood up, a fire burning in her eyes.

"You killed my mother. You cold heartedly murdered the only one I had left. You are a bitch." She spat, gathering a white- hot ball in her hand. "If you thought you could get me to join like this, you were wrong." She threw the ball at Haggar with expertise, having played baseball in her backyard with mom.

Running, she blindly followed her feet through the maze of halls. She thought she was on a ship, but evidence told her she was on a planet. And before she could stop herself, she tore open the doors to the first room she saw. and the crowd went silent. A broken girl, with one wing limp and glowing hands had busted into the gladiator arena. The monster licked it's lips at its new target, it's older one forgotten. The monster that faced her grinned before a whirlwind flew up around it. When the dust cleared there she was standing, calm and healed.

"hello Frederick." it called, beckoning her closer. She hesitantly took a step forward, still seething with anger. The monster payed this no mind. "Look at you! All angry, and broken. Why, i think you could even kill me." She taunted, and Frederick took another cautious step closer. The crowd was silent, waiting in anticipation for a fight to ensue.
"You don't know anything about me." Frederick answered, her voice lacing with venom as she took a couple more steps forward.
"Oh, but I do!" The copy replied, continuing the cocky attitude. "I am you, after all. Lets see. Your father abandoned you. Your mother just died because you couldn't save her. Or rather, you didn't even care." With every word, Frederick grew angrier.
"You liar!" She shouted, the first words since coming across this room, taking a few more steps closer. "You don't even know what happened!" She cried, her anger continuing to grow.
"You're pathetic. A pathetic excuse for matter. Clumsy, no wonder no one can stand you. And people don't want to tell their parents their friend Frederick is actually a girl." In a flash the copy was standing face to face with Frederick. After analyzing her emotions, the copy continued. "You are a monster."
Something within Frederick snapped. "I. am not. A MONSTER!" She roared, grabbing the throat of her look alike. She squeezed, and the lookalikes eyes bulged out of her head. She Began to cough as the wind surrounded her once more. The dust cleared, and her mom was now in the grip of Frederick.
"A monster." Her mom repeated, her eyes burning with hatred, and fell limp in her hand. Once reality caught up with her, she quickly dropped the shape shifter. That look, it terrified her. "A monster" echoed inside her head as she broke down sobbing, falling to her knees and letting her wings droop. she was a monster.

~~~

Hey guys this is my first book, and I'd love your feedback on it! Please don't be shy!
Goodbye my Fallen Angels!
~Freddie