Chapter 30

"Y'know, I'm gonna miss patrolling with you alone under the stars." Cat Noir purred as he and Ladybug sat on Marinette's balcony. Rena Rouge had already gone.

"Yeah, but I'm glad we have Rena Rouge. I've started having nightmares about the akuma attacks... I remember not being able to focus on any other emotion other than anger when I was akumatized." Ladybug murmured, embarrassedly.

"I still beat myself up over letting that happen to you..." Cat Noir murmured, pulling Ladybug close in his arms.

Suddenly the duo heard a gasp from below.

Ladybug tore herself away from Cat Noir to see Chloé looking up excitedly.

"The rumors are true!! You two are a couple! Oh, I knew you two were going to get together, I'm always right! Why are you at that weirdo, Marinette's house?" Chloé blabbed. Cat Noir whipped aroun before Ladybug could say a word:

"Marinette isn't a weirdo, Chloe. You know that guy, Adrien? The super cool MODEL? He likes Marinette. Heck, they're dating. Maybe YOU'RE the weirdo!" Cat Noir hissed. Ladybug tried stepping forward to take Cat Noir's hand, but Cat Noir flattened his ears and tightened his grip on the balcony.

"Ugh! How dare you speak to me in that tone?! My father wouldn't approve!" Chloé exclaimed.

Cat Noir rolled his eyes and turned away.

"Thanks, Chloé... But we have to get going... Sorry." Ladybug said tartly.

"Oh, okay. Bye Ladybug! Tell Kitty to calm down!" Chloé said obnoxiously before flipping around and walking off.

"Wonder why that brat's up so late. She needs her 'beauty sleep' after all." Cat Noir grunted.

"Cat, are you okay?" Ladybug asked him.

"Just fine." He grumbled.

 "You're sharp today." Ladybug murmured, sitting him down in her bedroom.

"It's nothing." He grunted before detransforming.

"Daddy issues?" Ladybug detransformed as well.

"How'd you guess?" Adrien asked.

"Girlfriends know these things." Marinette took Adrien's hands.

Adrien smiled weakly.

"What's going on?" Marinette asked him, reassuringly.

"Well, he's been acting more snappy around me... As if he is angry or upset... Like I had done something to hurt him." Adrien mittered.

"Have you done anything to hurt him?" Marinette asked calmly.

"No! He's just being melodramatic and overly sensitive. I don't understand how a father could be so... So cold to his own son!" Adrien exclaimed.

"Maybe he's going through something... I-"

"It doesn't matter if he is, this is just how he treats me! I hate my father! He's not my father. I will no longer call him father. He will be Gabriel. He doesn't deserve father." Adrien interrupted, clenching his fists. Marinette flinched and Adrien quickly regretted what he said.

"Adrien... This isn't you... Calm down, we can figure this out. You wouldn't want an akuma to come." Marinette said, a bit strongly this time to grab his attention.

Adrien stopped and nodded solemnly.

"I'm sorry, Marinette. I just... I-"

"You don't have to apologize. It's what I'm here for." Marinette murmured, hugging him tightly. Adrien leaned down and kissed her.

Adrien then stood up and transformed into Cat Noir.

"I should go... I'll see you tomorrow, Princess." Cat Noir murmured, kissing Marinette's hand.

"Good night." Marinette murmured, her eyes glazed with love.

Cat Noir stopped then turned to Marinette.

He pulled out a small box and opened it, he pulled out a necklace with a cat on it. A replica of the one he had given her, but was destroyed.

Marinette gasped as Cat Noir put it around her neck.

Cat Noir smiled. Marinette jumped up and kissed him.

"I love you more than Chloé loves herself." She whispered.

"I love you more than André loves ice cream." Cat Noir chuckled.

"You got me there." Marinette giggled.

"Goodnight." He murmured.

"Goodnight."