Surprise

Avni smiled back at the progress of the clinic. They had an excellent crew and architect working on things. She wanted this clinic to start running on the full scale soon. They had already recruited some doctors and nurses to work here. They were to have a banquet once it was almost completed to get donations and spread awareness for their cause.

Avni adjusted her shoulder bag more firmly as she headed towards where the car was supposed to be waiting for her.

Suddenly a black cloth was covering her face. She tried to yell but strong firm arms lifted her and placed her in the backseat of a vehicle.

Her hands were tied despite her attempts of struggling with her captor. She groaned inwardly.

If it was before her jail sentence, she would muttered something about her husband being a cop. But since her stint in jail, she had not pulled that card with anyone.

It had been almost a year since Juhi came into their lives bringing twists and turned that threatened their future together. Then sometime later she had been framed for her murder. She had finally had a new, fresh purpose in life, and now she had been kidnapped again.

Well the first one had been sorta a plan, this one wasn't as far it went from her end anyways.

The captor drove for sometime until they stopped at crowded area. She heard more cars and people where they were now. Maybe she could free herself and get back home or something.

Suddenly she felt someone kneeling over her figure and untie her hands and take off the cloth off her head. She was about to yell and kick whoever it was but then she realized it was a familiar scent.

It was none other than her husband.

"Neil why are you taking me like this? What is going on?"

Neil sighed.

"Wifey I had no other choice. You keep getting into trouble or immersing yourself in some kind of work. If I am to get to have a proper honeymoon with you, I realized it had to be this way," Neil admitted.

She glared at him stunned.

As Neela Ma would say she was a total tube light.

She sighed.

"Theek hai. Lekin hum kahan jare hai?"

"Maldives."

" I haven't packed anything and what about our passports?"

Neil grinned.

"All done. All you have to do is come along now," he replied.

She took a deep breath and took his outstretched hand.

Several hours later..

They had landed a short while and headed to a nice villa by the beach. Goa had mixed memories for them. Here they could start fresh. She hoped they would discover each other more and she would figure out what to do next in life.

She peeked into her suitcase and squealed about some of the items in her bag.

Neil emerged from the other room and tried to peek at the contents.

"What's wrong Avni?"

"Look at what our mothers packed. I can't wear this!"

She pointed to a two piece flimsy looking bathing suit.

He tried not to laugh.

"Avni relax there may be a coverup or we can go shopping in the morning," he quipped.

"I will look awful in it. I am not a model type," she wailed.

Neil just had to glare at his wife demean herself for a moment.

How could she say that about herself ? She was beautiful and he loved everything about her. He would never change a thing.

He stopped her by pulling her close to himself.

He only could think of one way to stop her fretting and to also show her how he felt about her.

Avni didn't realize when his lips met hers, but she responded willingly.

When they stood back after nearly becoming breathless, she took a few deep breaths and turned to hide her blushing face.

" That was amazing," she whispered .

He turned her back to face him. He caressed her face and hair.

"We have a private hot tub and small pool in the back. It will be just me and you. You don't need to worry," he promised.

She smiled softly back at him.

This time she initiated the kiss.

She ended up wearing short, sexy, nighty made up of lace and silk to bed. But once she spotted her husband's expression, she knew it wouldn't last on her person too long.

Nearly two years ago, when she had first married Neil, she never expected him to change her world for the better. Most of all she didn't expect him to be the only one to actually stay and show her what love was about. She was looking forward to this honeymoon.