Chapter 10.

:Picture of Charles:

Chapter 10: Charles.

The time passed by. She didn't know how long she sat there, looking at the view, lost in her thoughts. She was pulled out of her reverie when she heard the crunching of leaves behind her, her body tensed, when she heard the footfalls, although, She was curious she couldn't turn around, because of the terror of the situation. She was sitting alone in the woods, it was almost the middle of the night and most probably a serial killer or an axe murderer was out on a hunt, judging by the stories she heard by the townies, it could be the evil spirits or those infamous night crawlers.

Alexandra never imagined her death, but she never knew it would be like this, now she was a very strong and hard headed girl but, anyone would crap their pants in a situation like this, She was sat frozen in her spot hoping whatever it was wouldn't see her if she didn't move, not like she could move even if she wanted to, every bone in her body was frozen.

"I don't think it's a wise idea to be here alone in the middle of the night, unless you're suicidal". A deep, husky unfamiliar voice said from behind her.

"Please don't kill me, i don't even know myself". Alexandra said in a rush, not even analyzing her words, panic clear in her voice, her eyes still closed tightly.

A deep laugh bubbled out of the man standing behind her, it sounded like santa's laugh. She heard shuffling and then a big bulky figure sat next to her on the edge of the cliff. He held his hand out towards Alexandra.

"I'm Charles and you are?". He introduced himself politely, looking at her expectantly. She hesitated for a second before shaking his hand and introducing herself. He was a tall man, with strong build, graying dark hair, dark eyes, looked to be around in his early seventies, wrinkles and old scars were displayed on his face, telling the old tales of the struggles he might've been through, although, she couldn't see much detail in the moon light. But one thing she could tell clearly, He was inhumanly huge.

"You're Esteban's daughter?". He asked after the introductions, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yes?". She answered, but it came out more like a question. To say his presence intimidated her would be an understatement. She wasn't surprised that he knew her father, because it was a small town, everyone knew each other, as well as what was happening in their lives. The news spread like wild fire when they moved here four years ago and they were warmly welcomed by all. However, She didn't know who he was, but, that's normal in her case, because she was more interested in finding out the hidden things and people, rather than the apparent. He chuckled at her reply and turned to look at the view in front of him, it was silent for a while until he broke it.

"So, what are you doing here?". He asked, turning to look at her.

"I come here to think, it's peaceful". She answered after a couple seconds of hesitation, her heavy accent apparent in every syllable, the 'here' sounded more like 'heyah'.

"They say, strangers are the best listeners". He replied, he may be intimidating but, his voice was filled with a fatherly warmth which reminded her of her own father and calmed her nerves a bit, but only a tiny bit.

"I wish I knew, how to put them in words". She said, with a rueful smile on her lips.

••••

She got home around 3:00 in the morning, by then everyone was asleep. She went to her room and close the door quietly behind her as to not wake up anybody, she took a quick shower and changed into her pajamas before deciding to finish her homework, for she knew she wouldn't be getting any sleep anytime soon and she didn't want to think about anything anymore than she already has.