Chapter 2

I walked into my first class, music. I love music, its a way to get away from all of the horrible things in my past which I haven't mentioned to ANYONE but Darren and Emma but that's only because they're kind of the only people I trust. My father died three years ago in a horrific train crash. I was there but my mother wasn't. She went crazy and blamed it on me, saying I pushed him and that I was a demonic child who should be killed on the spot.

**Flashback**

I was standing as far away from the tracks as possible, trains always scared me. My dad, James, was happily singing a song to me. I enjoyed it even if I was 14 years old, it made me smile. I loved my dad. I still do.

"No, no don't be scared,

We are not, going any where,

Nothing bad will happen today,

Daddy's here so you'll be safe."

They reapeated the song until my dad noticed a young boy, meer age of 6 walking towards the edge, towards the tracks. He ran towards the young boy shouting,

"NO, NO YOUNG MAN GET AWAY FROM THERE,"

Causing a lot of confused people and weird glances. All of a sudden I saw my dad tripping over and falling onto the tracks.The green light flickered telling us a train was about to come. I yelled so loud, so hard but he couldnt get there in time. He was at the edge and all I heard him whisper to me was.

"I love you El,"

... and he was gone.

**Present**

A tear flickered down my face, I hate remembering that day! One of the worse days of my life, which lead to something much, much more horrible. As I said my mum went crazy, panic attacks, calling me names, calling the police all the time. Eventually she got sent to a mental home where she committed suicide. As much as I loved my mum I was glad to see her go, so much stress in her life, maybe she'll be peacefull up in heaven with my dad. I wiped away all the tears, making sure not to smudge my make-up. My eyes were blurry from the crying but when they unblurred a cute brunnette boy was standing in front of me. He stared at me for a while and I stared back. It wasn't awkward staring, it actually felt kind of nice. I felt someone poke my back and I lost contact with the boy. I turned back to see Emma smiling at me. The smile dissapeared as she had seen I'd been crying. She looked at me and I could guess the question in her head. I nodded, she knows me so well. She gave me a hug and to my suprise when I turned back around the brunnette was still there. He smiled at me.

"I saw you crying a little and wanted to see if you were ok," He said quietly, a hint of a Scottish accent.

"I'm fine, just a flashback, nothing to worry about. Just to warn you, if you're new, I'm not one of the popular people so you wont want to hang about with me," I half smiled at him.

Out of the blue he gave me a hug. I gave him a confused look and he laughed.

"You don't remember me Smelly Elly, do you?"

Something about that smile I recognised. Perfcetly shaped teeth and his eyes... a beautiful sparke of blue. It reminded me of the seaside I scanned him for a while trying to remember, then it hit me.

"OH MY GOD DAMON ," I literally pounced on him, not caring what other people in the class thought.

Damon was Darrens close friend from since before him and I became friends. So of course once me and Darren because buds he showed me all his friends and me and Damon got on very well. Damon and Darren both left for America at the same time, two different places though. Damon went to California with him mum and Darren went to L.A for a singing career which hasn't really got anywhere yet. After finally losing grip off the hug he went over and hugged Emma. I felt so giddy I could have ran to my house and back twice and I live 6 miles away from the school. Mr Robertson walked in just as I was jumping for joy. He squinted his head and then yelled,