Chapter 22 - Out of My Head

(Trigger Warnings: Language and Sexual Content)

(Missi's POV)

I was frustrated that the repairs weren't going as quickly as I wanted, so I thrashed around in the laundry room until I found a hammer. Shannon watched cautiously as I went upstairs and then followed me.

'What are you gonna do?' He asked.

'I feel like hitting something, so I'm gonna take these poor excuse for shelves out of this closet.' I said and started whacking the hell out of them.

'Hey, Miss stop. What's really going on?'

'This is going too slow.' I snapped at him.

'I think you're expecting a lot. I know you're frustrated, but you have people in and out of here every day. You're really making progress.'

'I feel like I'm in limbo. I want to know where I'm going after this and when, but I won't know anything until this place sells. If it sells!' I said and started hacking away again.

He took the hammer away and I started crying.

'I understand. Just let it out Miss.' He said and hugged me.

'I don't think I could get through this without you.' I sobbed.

'I'm here, and I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon babe.'

(Shannon's POV)

The day didn't get any better when I tried opening the sliding glass door.

'This won't open.' I said tugging on it.

'Let me try.' Missi said and pulled on the handle. 'It feels like it's jammed.'

We went outside and saw the locking mechanism was mangled.

'You need to report this. I bet Brian did it.'

'The only major thing that didn't need replaced.' She said disgustedly and called the police.

There weren't any fingerprints, which wasn't too surprising. The officers told Missi they'd keep an eye on the house since she wasn't staying there and left.

'God Shannon, what if he'd get in here and ruin everything?' Missi asked franticly.

I opened my mouth to answer and a call from Wayne interrupted my reply. I told him what happened, and he advised us to take pictures of all the rooms in case something would happen.

'I was calling to let you know we almost got Brian today, but the terrain is pretty thick here and he got away.' Wayne said.

'Dammit! I want this guy nailed.'

'I already know where we're going to start tomorrow though and I'm getting two more men to help.'

'Let me know how it goes.' I said and hung up.

'I take it he eluded them.' Missi said.

'For now.'

(Missi's POV)

I was fed up and wanted to work off my anger in a more appropriate way than pounding the hell out of things.

'I need a walk.' I declared.

'Let's go then.' Shannon said.

Shannon had trouble keeping up with me until we came upon a dog park.

'Aw, look at all the dogs. Oh my gosh. There's a moo!' I said excitedly and headed over.

'What's a moo? Is that a breed?'