𝟎𝟐 | 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

CHAPTER TWO
( SPARE THE TIME. )

     AHMONTI DREAMED OF a red planet shimmering beneath binary suns, where oceans had once roared with life, now where only tides of dust rose and fell across its barren landscape

     AHMONTI DREAMED OF a red planet shimmering beneath binary suns, where oceans had once roared with life, now where only tides of dust rose and fell across its barren landscape. She dreamed that she was wading through the desert sea, although she didn't know why, just that she was here to see something. Something that the force willed her to.

     She dreamed of reaching a gash in the planet's surface, and paused at the top of a ridge to look into it. It opened up in front of her like a wound on a living creature, webs of blue-black spreading out from its edges like infection, ebbing with foreboding energy. And at its center, inky black swallowed all light from the sky, as if the darkness was a living thing capable of devouring suns. The blackness was impenetrable to the eye, and when Ahmonti tried to reach out to it, to feel it's end through the force, she found only unfathomable depth, as if it came from nothing. It was the thing that existed before creation, before perhaps even the force itself.

     "What are you?" She asked it, as if it was able to answer her.

     I am. The pit replied, fate.

     The hairs stood up on the back of her neck like someone had just breathed against it, and she pushed the force further into the pit, desperate to find whatever lay in its center. But then she felt the darkness push back, like a fist wrapping around the cord of energy she'd sent down, and tugged. She fell to her knees, grunting as her hands dug into the sand. Nothing had ever been able to grasp the force and use it against her that way. It was not natural. And when she tried to stand again, to withdraw her force from the pit, it wouldn't let her go. It was like a harness wrapped around her entire body, and inch by inch, it began dragging her forward.

     "No," she ordered, hands digging into the soft sand, searching for purchase. But still the pit dragged her downward, towards it's open mouth. "No! Stop!" She started to become desperate, pushing out the force all around, but it would no longer obey. It felt like she was pushing on a bubble of glass all around her. Helpless. Her feet began scrambling, slipping slowly over the pit's edge, and then her legs followed, her waist... "No, please!" She shouted as she slipped over it's edge—