Chapter 1

The streets of Shizume city were crowded and everywhere I looked, there was an unfamiliar face, or a face that seemed to go right through you as if you weren't even there. I didn't like that feeling, but it couldn't be helped. I was in the city. I was jostled about, feeling unsure of where I was going.

Suddenly someone bumped into me, sending me falling through the doors of a bar. I landed with a thud on my shoulder. I groan in pain and roll onto my back, eyes shut tight. What is it with people?

"Oi, we have someone in here Mr. Kusanagi." A voice said, and I look above my head at an orange haired boy wearing a beanie. He looked at me before blushing and looking away.

"Yeah? Is she a customer?" A voice replied.

"Don't know, she just fell in here." The boy spoke in turn, walking to the bar. I roll over, wincing at the pain in my shoulder. I crawl into a standing position, making sure that my dress wasn't ripped or showing anything. Nope, the red fabric was just fine.

"I think she's a stray then." The man, Mr. Kusanagi said, as he picked up a glass. He had blonde hair and sported a pair of sunglasses on his face, even though he was inside. He was polishing glasses like he loved them like diamonds.

"Does someone know where I'm at? I'm looking for Homra." I speak, reaching the bar and taking a seat on a stool.

"You're looking at 'em." The orange haired boy in the beanie said.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really. Now what can I do for ya?" The blonde man asked, setting the glass gently on the shining wood.

"I'd like to join." I state.

"Uhuh. We haven't had a woman ask to join before. They're usually afraid to come near us." The man studied me from behind his shades. "Follow me."