Just a Dream

PETER'S POV

It was late. I don't remember the time instead I just finished talking to a couple centaurs about tomorrow.

Before this Milo was a nervous wreck when Mar didn't return for a while, must have been a couple hours and when she did, she was in her wolf form and didn't spare any glances.

I remember the way she looked at me when we first saw each other ever, a small, kind girl with the most fascinating personality and two years later after not seeing each other, she is suddenly here again. All grown up, she looks so different but at the same time the same. Now, the last time she looked at me her eyes held heavy burden, I had never seen her that way, not when the Witch took her away or even when she almost died in my arms there was still a glint in them but it was gone.

I walked up to the training hall and heard lightfoot steps and murmuring of faint words.

When I rounded the corner someone stood in the middle of the room.

"Mar?" I called but she didn't turn around.

It wasn't until I was in front of her I saw she was sleepwalking, I could see her eyes move under her closed lids. Her lips were pursed and her face held a look of curiosity and confusion.

"Marigold." I gently shook her, Mar's face contorted again, only this time it wasn't curiosity but fear. "Marigold!" I shook her roughly but she kept murmuring something. I suddenly heard what sounded like a water droplet hit the ground, it wasn't water.

"MARIGOLD!" I engulfed her in a hug, wrapping my arms around her shoulders and holding her tight. She started struggling against me I had to hold her arms back, her eyes suddenly shot open. Revealing her chocolate brown eyes that were dilated, I thought I could see something in them, what looked like an island, she looked so terrified. Mar's breathing was rapid and it looked as if she's wasn't aware of anything, not until her blood-soaked hand dripped onto the floor.

"Hey, you're ok." I held her cheeks trying to get her to come back, my eyes bore into her's, she finally calmed down.

"Follow me," I told her gently and started walking with her wrist in my hand.

It wasn't until we made it to my room I stopped to look for bandages. She just stood in the doorway, like a zombie or a robot waiting for commands. With the bandages in my hand, I gently brought her over to my small desk near the candlelight. I gently took her injured hand in mine and dabbed it with a wet piece of cloth, it was deep like that from a sword wound. Mar didn't move or even flinch when I had to pour alcohol on it, she just stared at the candlelight or adverted my eyes.

"Mar, look at me."

She turned her head to look at me but remained silent, there was a bit of blood on her face from me holding her cheeks after I held her injured hand. I stood up and she flinched when I brought the cloth to her face. This action worried me, not once had Marigold ever flinched, she would stare death in his face and laugh, but she flinched from me, was I worse than death?

I wiped the dried blood off trying to get her to make eye contact. "Hey, it was just a dream," I told her.

"Come on, let's get you to your room," I told her softly.

When we made it to the smaller room I guided her to the bed, before tucking her in. She seemed so distant, her glossy eyes looked heavy and worried.

I turned to leave when I felt a soft hand latch on to mine. It took me a second to process it was her.

"Peter," Her voice sounded distraught, it made my heart shatter. "C-Could you stay?" Her voice trembled.

I nodded and she scooched over under the blankets to make room for me. I tried to keep my breathing under control as I quietly laid down next to her.

"You know it was just a dream, Mar."

"It feels so real." She whimpered latching onto me. I gently stroked her hair holding her in a hug.

"I know."