Part 5

Yawning, I stretch taking in the morning breeze out on our patio. It's such a lovely summer day. I'm thankful that it is too, today is our three year anniversary. Tom's continued to respect the fact that I still didn't want to do anything truly sexual and he was right about waiting. It's just proved that we don't need it to be happy together. I mean yeah every now and then we abide to a simple blow-job or gentle touching, but we never do anything farther and we only do one of those two things on rare occasions. Maybe a holiday, maybe a random day. I think we've only done it about seven other times between now and the first one I gave him two years ago.

Tom's at work right now, so I decided that I would clean the house and I would make a special anniversary dinner for tonight.

Smiling I walk back inside to find Marshmallow sitting happily on the couch, comfortably propped up with a half eaten carrot in his mouth. I giggled at the sight, gently petting him between his ears before walking to the kitchen to fetch one of the cook books.

"Hmm, what do you think sounds good, Marshy? I wanna make this dinner special."

He flops his ears in response, jumping off from his spot on the couch to stand at my feet. I smile and place the book on the floor for him to look. I know he's just a bunny but he's pretty smart.

I grab another book to look through while he examines the one I placed down for him. After a few minutes he starts making a small squeaking noise to get my attention. When I look down at him, he's got the book open to a recipe of Chicken Parmesan.

"Hm..." I smile picking him up as well as the book and place it on the counter. "You really think so? I haven't made this one in a while."

Gently petting his head, I read off the ingredients:

l 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves.

l 1 tablespoon olive oil

l 11/2 cup spaghetti sauce

l 1/4 Parmesan cheese

l 11/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)

I smile, seems simple enough. I have noodles here, all I have to do is get the chicken. Stuffing my wallet and keys in my pocket I grab Marshmallow's tote bag.

"Come on, Marshy. Let's go get the ingredients, if we hurry we can get back and have it ready before Tom get's home." I lower the bag for him to hop in before we head out to the store.

Shopping wasn't a hard task. Get in. Get what you need. Get out. So why is it that anytime I go out I have to run into someone that the second they see me just have to talk my ear off?

I'm not complaining, I'm more than happy to see Star and her boyfriend, but does she have to tell me the equivalent of a life story every time we run into each other? I could see what even her boyfriend was getting bored and eager to move on, and I had shopping to get done before Marshmallow decided to jump out of his carrier and do the shopping himself! I mean. If he could, I have no doubt that he would. And then she said something that suddenly sparked my interest.

"Wait, you're pregnant!"

She giggled, hugging her boyfriend- Well I guess fiance's arm. "Yeah! We found out about a week ago."

I smiled. "Awesome! Does this change any of your plans?"

"Nah, not really. We were already talking about it, this just means we need to move up the date for the wedding."

"By how far?" I know it seemed silly to ask that, but Star tends to make crazy decisions at times.

"Not too much, just next month."