Crevania Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The water, it was going to spill at Lady Alexandra! I had no choice but to act and control the water inside the glass or else it will hit her head.

I raised my hand up and it all flew away. The maid tripped and fell down on the floor. Lady Alexandra threw away the book she was reading and then walked towards me. She slapped me twice on the face and then frowned. “There is really no point with trying to reason with you!”

“But my lady, the glass would’ve hit you!” I reasoned.

“I don’t care.” She grabbed me by the hair and then dragged me all the way up to a tower. “This is where you’ll live now. You won’t get out nor talk to anyone.”

I cried and cried for hours after that. I kept saying over and over again that it wasn’t my fault. And so I stood on the balcony of the tower when night came and then I jumped down, wanting to end my own life.

I didn’t care anymore. I just wanted to die. I waited for it. I waited for the pain, the anguish and the end but nothing came. Rather it feels so peaceful, and soft.

I opened my eyes and saw the big full moon and it made me smile. “Heaven,” I mumbled.

I heard loud, rapid thuds approaching my way. I forced myself to sit up and I saw a young man running my way.

“Are you alright?” He asked when he reached me. I couldn’t make out his face for some reason.

“I was supposed to die.” I looked around and realized that thick layers of snow caught me before I fell. This boy must’ve done it in order to save me.

“Why did you jump?”

“How did you do all this?” I asked as I stared at the snow I was sitting at.

“I train.” He answered briefly.

“That’s amazing.” I praised and I couldn’t help but smile.

“If you want I can teach you. I don’t have anyone to play with anyway.” He pulled me by the arm so I can stand up.

“I’m not allowed to leave my tower.” I sighed, looking back up.

“So that explains this." He said sarcastically. "Jump again tomorrow night and I’ll catch you. We can train in the woods.” He seems so enthusiastic.

“Who are you?” He was about to leave but I grabbed hold of his shoulders.

“I’ve always wanted to meet you. My prayer has been heard. Please, see me tomorrow.” He held my hand and then shook it before he ran off.

I gasped for air when I woke up. “Slept well?” Joshua mumbled who was in front of me.

“Yeah,” I straightened up and then placed my hand on my heart. It was beating really fast.

“You had a nightmare didn’t you?” He supported his chin with his palm and then looked at me in fascination.

“No, it wasn’t. It was just a bad memory. It’s odd though because I remember it quite differently.” I stretched up my arms with my right going up and my left going right and then yawned. Joshua was looking at me in a weird way and I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

“Hey, don’t you know it’s rude to stare?” I frowned at him.

“Nah, I’m not staring. I’m observing. You’ll be late for class if you don’t hurry. Simon is coming here in less than a few minutes to take over with getting security on Melody. I’ll drop by at your school around eight.” Joshua explained.