Conor x Shane (King) - Shane is Jealous

A/N -
Another weird ship! Give it a chance... I own this chapter's cover art! I did this for a competition on the Spirit Animal's Amino!
--------------------

Shane's PoV -

There is a magical place in Erdas where Greencloaks, Redcloaks, Conquerors, and just about everyone else get along, okay maybe not everyone gets along but most do. Also, maybe it's not quite that magical besides the animals running around and some of the humans with tails, or wings, scales, etc... It's called school, more specifically the Erdas High School, and I swear to Tellun, everyone wears cloaks! Anyway enough said, this is the story of my crush and I, and our story takes place at Erdas High School.

I was new to this school, I had come from someplace no one has probably ever heard of, Stetriol. I walked down the hall looking for my locker when I heard some dude yelling about a worm or something. I followed the noise thinking it sounded like a fight was about to go down. I turned a corner to see an upperclassman who was dressed all in black except for a blue cloak and another student who looked to be about a year younger than me. The younger boy of the two was extremely handsome, he had blond hair and beautiful blue-green eyes, his green cloak contrasted his features beautifully, he was pretty tall for his age but not quite as tall as me and certainly not taller than the older intimidating senior who held him pinned to a wall. This was no fight at all, in fact, I could tell the blond hair boy needed some help. The dude in the blue cloak had been threatening to give him worms or something. I didn't question it and instead I pushed my self in front of the blond boy, I found myself face to face with the taller senior, "Why don't you pick on someone your own size!" I stated firmly.

The younger boy now hid behind me. "Considering my height that might be hard to do, perhaps you would make a good opponent for me but if I hit you that could be considered animal abuse," the tall guy spat obviously insulting me for my crocodile like features.

I was pissed, no one insulted me like that. I pounced on him and bit his hide with my incredibly sharp teeth. The man cried out in pain but managed to sink a sharp knife into my thigh before he broke free and ran off. I hissed in pain. "Oh, my Tellun, are you okay," the blond boy cried as he rushed over where I sat on the hall floor.

I held my wound, with a grimace of pain on my face, trying to stop the bleeding. The boy examined my wound and called out for help. Some girl must have heard and she came to see what was the matter. The boy explained to her and the girl ran off to find the nurse but she left her panda behind to help. The panda simply waddled over and began licking my wound which oddly seemed to help. "Thanks for helping me back there," the cute blond boy stated shyly, "my name is Conor by the way, nice to meet you," he smiled.

"No problem, I'm glad to help," I replied, "my name's King by the way but you can call me Shane if you want."

"Oh, you must be the new kid," Conor stated, "that bully, his name is Zerif and if I were you I would watch out for him, he probably wants revenge on you now."

"Thanks for the warning," I mumbled, "but is this not payback enough for him," I motioned to where Zerif had stabbed me.

"Nothing is ever enough for Zerif, once you're on his bad side, well all I can say is be careful," Conor replied.

I gulped back some nervousness. Thankfully the nurse and panda lady was now running down the hall towards me. I felt slightly dizzy from lack of blood and I must have passed out as Conor and the nurse were helping me stand.

I awoke laying on a cot, probably in the nurse's office. "He's awake, now, won't you please go back to class," I heard the nurse tell someone.

I opened my eyes and wiggled myself into a half sitting half-lying position. Who was the nurse talking to? "I want to make sure he's okay," I turned to see Conor sitting next to me.

He cared about me?! He smiled at me cutely. I must have blushed a little because he laughed a small cute laugh. "Your hair is a mess," Conor stated as he tried to smooth out my blond locks.

"Well, I don't think I'm supposed to look that handsome after I was just stabbed and passed out," I laughed.

"I don't say you didn't look handsome," Conor blushed.

He quickly tried to change the subject, "Are you feeling alright?"

     "I'm doing a lot better," I replied, "thanks to you and that panda spit."

     Conor smiled obviously glad that I was feeling better. "I really need to get to play practice then, I wanted to wait until you woke up at least," Conor blushed and kissed my forehead as he ran out of the nurse's office leaving me there alone.

     I got bored a few minutes later and the nurse had checked in on me but then left to go do something so I took the opportunity of her absence to sneak away. I wanted to go find Conor. He made me happy, he let me know that I was needed and I cared greatly about him. I walked to the stage where I assumed his play practice would be held. I wanted to admit my love to him.

     I opened the back door to find Connor kissing some girl from Nilo. My heart broke, I thought Conor loved me. From the moment I saved him from that bully, Zerif, he had been flirting with me. Had it all been a lie? I ran out, slamming the door behind me. To say I was envious or jealous would be an understatement. I wanted what the Nilo girl had. I stormed away, not caring that with every step a pain shot through my leg. "Shane, wait up, it's not how it looks," Conor shouted as he caught up to me.

     I stopped and looked at the slightly younger boy with a sense of anger. I felt like he had lied to me, even though no words were spoken I thought his parting kiss to my forehead had meant something but after seeing him kissing that girl nothing but anger flared in me.  "What do you mean it's not how it looks?!" I answered angrily, "I saw you and her with my own eyes!"

     "Shane, her and I were practicing for the play, there is a kissing scene in the play, my character kisses her character, it doesn't mean anything," Conor confessed.

     I felt horrible, I was so sure and yet I was wrong. I acted like a fool. "Listen, Conor, I'm so sorry, I just..." Conor cut me off with a genuine kiss on the lips.

     I kissed back lovingly. I held him close and he held me. I could tell he loved me and we had both forgiven each other, though even if it was only for the play I really didn't want Conor kissing anyone but me.