Gotta Dash

We took our time at lunch. He asked me if I wanted to have a movie night tonight, and by that he meant me spending the night. I, of course, agreed. I love falling asleep next to Harry; there is something so comforting about it. In the parking lot, I had joked with him about me sitting in on his session, he didn't say anything, he just scratched the back of his neck and laughed.

Harry holds my hand as we walk into Dr. Stone's office. He squeezes lightly before opening the door. A blast of cold hair hit me in the face before I tug Harry into the waiting room, smiling at Sally.

"We're back," I say to her.

"Great! I'll intercom Dr. Stone. He should be out shortly." She smiles at me.

"Thanks, Sally."

She winks at me, as Harry and I take our seats in the waiting room. Harry bounces his leg up and down with impatience. I put my hand on his thigh and he immediately relaxes against my touch. "Calm down," I say. "You're fine."

He sighs. "This therapy shit really stresses me out," he says.

"I know, it stressed me out too."

He looks at me. "Really?"

I nod. "Oh, yeah. My father used to have to drag me here."

He smiles. "That actually makes me feel a little bit better."

I laugh a bit. "Why?"

He shrugs. "Nothing seems to stress you out."

"Except for you," I say and he laughs, leaning over and kissing my temple gently.

Dr. Stone soon emerges from his office, a smile spreading across his face when he sees us. "Well, if it isn't the dynamic duo."
I laugh lightly and Harry spares a soft smile.

"Nice to see you, Dr. Stone," I say.

"You too, Blair." He turns to Harry. "You now have the opportunity to have Blair sit in on the session. Is that something you would want?"

Harry looks at me. "No," he says, surprising us both.

"All right," Dr. Stone says, clapping his hands together. "Let's get started, then."

I sit back down in my seat. My brows furrow together and I am perplexed. I watch as Harry and Dr. Stone disappear behind the door, Harry looking back at me as the door shuts. I turn my phone in my hands, a habit I had developed out of boredom. My phone starts vibrating in my hands; Liam's name appearing on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Blair," he says. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," I say. "You?"

"I am fine, just at work."

"What happened to the new phone rule?" I joke.

"Ah, Shawn doesn't care," he says.

"Is he not there?"

"Yeah, he isn't here," Liam laughs.

"So, what is up?"

"I wanted to know if you were able to come in today?"

"I—uh," I begin. "I can't today, I'm sorry."

"That is fine." He reassures. "Don't worry about it!"

"I really am sorry." I tell him.

"Really it is fine, I want to see if I can get Shawn to hire a part-timer," Liam says.

"Good luck with that," I breathe.

He huffs, "Yeah, wish me luck."

I laugh.